My Trailers - 720p or 1080p jerky playback (1 Viewer)

Brewtal

Portal Member
July 24, 2010
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 Final
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: Windows 7 Home Premium
CPU Type: Athlon II x2 3.0Ghz
HDD: Seagate 250GB - single platter
Memory: 2GB Crucial DDR3
Motherboard: Biostar A785G
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 5570
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 10.6
Sound Card: none - HDMI output
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: ATI
1. TV Card: N/A
1. TV Card Type: N/A
1. TV Card Driver: N/A
2. TV Card: N/A
2. TV Card Type: N/A
2. TV Card Driver: N/A
3. TV Card: N/A
3. TV Card Type: N/A
3. TV Card Driver: N/A
4. TV Card: N/A
4. TV Card Type: N/A
4. TV Card Driver: N/A
MPEG2 Video Codec: SAF 5.0 suggested setup
MPEG2 Audio Codec: SAF 5.0 suggested setup
h.264 Video Codec: SAF 5.0 suggested setup
Satelite/CableTV Provider: none
HTPC Case: Apex
Cooling: stock
Power Supply: Apex
Remote: MCE
TV: Samsung PN50B560 - Plasma
TV - HTPC Connection: HTPC -> AVR -> TV --- HDMI connections

When I try to play the 720p or 1080p version of trailers in My Trailers, the trailer starts and then becomes very jerky and stops and starts.

My other files (.avi, .mkv, DVD) all seem to play just fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Brewtal

Brewtal

Portal Member
July 24, 2010
???Slow internet connection???

I have a high speed cable connection and I've watched the same trailers on the Apple website at 1080p without a problem, so I don't think that connection speed is the problem.

Any other thoughts?

Brewtal

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Of course it can be the problem! Just because you have a high speed internet connection doesn't mean that apple delivers the bytes at the speed you need...
    The player on the website probably has high priority access to the file and also pre-caches quite a lot to avoid your described problem.
    And just to avoid the next question, try OnlineVideos where you can set a pre-buffer percentage to work around it.

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    This will be due to the connection, just start the trailer and pause for 10 seconds for it to buffer and I bet it'll then be fine. I can play back 720p without pauses, but 1080p stops and starts unless I allow it to buffer a bit first.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Of course it can be the problem! Just because you have a high speed internet connection doesn't mean that apple delivers the bytes at the speed you need...
    The player on the website probably has high priority access to the file and also pre-caches quite a lot to avoid your described problem.
    And just to avoid the next question, try OnlineVideos where you can set a pre-buffer percentage to work around it.

didnt know about that option. just tried it and seems little strange, the arrows work the opposite way. up arrow decreases buffer

Brewtal

Portal Member
    July 24, 2010

Thanks for the responses.

I just reinstalled WIN 7 and MP with SAF 5.0.

I haven't installed online videos yet, does it do trailers?

Thanks,
    Brewtal

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom