My Trailers Development Progress (1 Viewer)

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi all,

Just want to inform you that i'm planning on a 2.1.0 release aimed at the beginning of June.

The main features/fixes in this release will be:

- Added search capabilities for providers (Apple Trailers, GameTrailer..)
    - Optimized data retrieval and GUI logic
    - Added MovieMaze provider by g.gsm (there already is a test dll out, so you can assist in finalizing this provider)
    - Added Blue3 Skins supplied by Harley
    - MP Installer

on a sidenote: I hope i haven't given the impression that this plugin development halted. I've been very busy the last couple of months/weeks with a lot of projects and development is heavily dependant on my free time (spare :( ) and motivation (plenty :D ). I'm also working on a little framework that will be the basis of My Trailer 2.5.0 (database support, download/buffering) and a new yet to announce plugin so there's a lot of stuff going on at the moment.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for the heads up Armandp. Good to hear you havent forgotten about the still great functioning trailers plugin :)

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That sounds great, seeing the fantastic work you are doing on MovingPictures I am looking forward to this.
    But ... ;) have you considered joining forces with the OnlineVideos plugin? OnlineVideos - MediaPortal Forum

I think the scope of both plugins intersects ... Just a thought :)

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That sounds great, seeing the fantastic work you are doing on MovingPictures I am looking forward to this.
    But ... ;) have you considered joining forces with the OnlineVideos plugin? OnlineVideos - MediaPortal Forum

I think the scope of both plugins intersects ... Just a thought :)

i strongly disagree... i think a specialized plugin is always a better choice (if available) and a plugin that plays all content will have to sacrifice in one way or another to be generic enough.. or if it want to support every bit of extra information associated with different providers it will eventually become a maintenance hog (with different branches of logic added for specific sources).

I think the aim for OnlineVideos is/should be that of a generic online video player, and My Trailers is about playing Trailers for Movies/Games (Movie/Game oriented, and not video oriented). The framework i'm working on (that will be used by My Trailers) however would be a good candidate to join forces with OnlineVideos but when the time comes i will open up a thread in OnlineVideos about that. In short it will be about video browsing/retrieval that will use a scraper engine to add new sources (RSS/Podcasts and HTML scraping). Adding a new video source would not need a code change but an XML script (like the dataproviders use in Moving Pictures).

Then again.. time is money... and i'm broke :p

4roma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 16, 2009
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    armandp, your plugin is "TOP" ;) I like to check what's new every other day and like the way the additional info about the upcoming movie is presented. I like the clean function it has: showing trailers. Good luck with the development.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom