My Trailers does nothing after selecting a trailer

Discussion in 'My Trailers' started by fdm225, June 24, 2009.

1. fdm225
    • Premium Supporter

fdm225 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi all,
    I am a new user and am at a complete loss! I have the My Trailers plugin installed and all looks good until I select a trailer. At this point, MP freezes for a few minutes (literally frozen on the screen with the album cover and no sound) and then after a few minutes it unfreezes. It is like it attempted to play the trailer but did not play or display anything! I apologize for a new thread but this is not a black screen and I have the media portal codecs pack installed that is listed in the main thread. If someone could tell me what logs to post I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
    dave

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. damaster

damaster Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    Same problem here. I think it has something to do with not having proper filters installed to play QuickTime format videos. I'm still debugging but if I figure it out I'll let you know the solution.

4. mat123

mat123 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Home Country:
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Show System Specs
  5. damaster

damaster Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    I don't like that solution because it requires installation of QuickTime and the last thing I want on my HTPC is QuickTime!

So, I solved my problem simply by registering filter MP4Splitter.ax from the MPC-HC standalone filters package. I then set the merit of MPCVideoDecoder (also from the same filters package) to highest and MPA Audio Decoder (also from the same filters package) to highest and now I can play all .mov files (e.g. movie trailers from Apple).

6. mickyblue

mickyblue Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
  7. Raytestrak
    • Premium Supporter

Raytestrak MP Donator

IT Engineer
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Even Medialooks is unneccesary, Haali Media splitter and your own x264 (I'm running CoreAVC) should cover it.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!