My Trailers does nothing after selecting a trailer (1 Viewer)

fdm225

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi all,
    I am a new user and am at a complete loss! I have the My Trailers plugin installed and all looks good until I select a trailer. At this point, MP freezes for a few minutes (literally frozen on the screen with the album cover and no sound) and then after a few minutes it unfreezes. It is like it attempted to play the trailer but did not play or display anything! I apologize for a new thread but this is not a black screen and I have the media portal codecs pack installed that is listed in the main thread. If someone could tell me what logs to post I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
    dave

damaster

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Same problem here. I think it has something to do with not having proper filters installed to play QuickTime format videos. I'm still debugging but if I figure it out I'll let you know the solution.

damaster

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Had the same problem. Just follow this guide: Play .mov files in MediaPortal

I don't like that solution because it requires installation of QuickTime and the last thing I want on my HTPC is QuickTime!

So, I solved my problem simply by registering filter MP4Splitter.ax from the MPC-HC standalone filters package. I then set the merit of MPCVideoDecoder (also from the same filters package) to highest and MPA Audio Decoder (also from the same filters package) to highest and now I can play all .mov files (e.g. movie trailers from Apple).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom