MY TV error messages when turning on TV (1 Viewer)

rodgers.tom

Portal Member
December 9, 2007
Home Country
Hi all,

Possibly something really simple (i hope) but im just setting mediaportal up, have run the setup wizard and then when goign to the mytv page get the error message, cannot turn on TV unable to plot graph then when I try to turn it on manually i get the message 'unable to connect mpg2 pin' has anyone any idea whats going on here?

I know the card is working as it has worked with MCE

I also have no listings in the EPG despite setting this up i assume this is because the card is turned off?

appreciate any help

:D

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi & welcome!

Please add a little more detail to your message. We would need what TV card you are using (incl. drivers name & version), OS, MP Version, MPEG De- (and En-) Coders used and also the mediaportal.log (from program files/team mediaportal/Media Portal/logs).

Then we can help you. It looks a little like you are using a SW encoding analog card and that allways requires some fiddling (it might be because of missing or unsupported MPG encoders). MCE uses these types of cards differently then MP, so it is not a real reference saying that MCE works.

abi12563

December 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Same error when recording under standard user

Hi,

i got the same message, when i try to record a tv movie under VISTA with a non administrator account. Are you using vista? Try to start MP with adminstrator rights "Run as administor..."

Andreas

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom