My TVSeries and PC sleep problems (1 Viewer)

bnsaflsujt

Portal Pro
January 12, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have a had this problem for a while, and over this weekend, taken the time to try and figure out where the root of the problem lies. My computer will not go to sleep when in MyTVSeries, in any of the view modes (series, season, episode, rate, etc...) My PC sleeps fine when on the MP homescreen, in Windows, but if MyTVSeries is open, my PC sleep timer has to be set to 1 minute. Anything else will make it stay awake constantly.

Thing is, I think this worked fine for me a LONG time ago, and I don't believe this is a bug, however I wonder if I have something configured incorrectly. I tried turning off importing/watching local folders but that didn't help at all... Any clues on where I should look?

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    How about posting some debug logs when reproducing the error, screenshots of your settings etc...

bnsaflsujt

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Sorry, thought I had posted this information too... I was going to post logs, but when looking at them, I can't see any process in MPTvSeries or Mediaportal (others are cleared) that is running to keep the PC on. Part of me wonders if this isn't a Windows problem, as an powercfg -energy yields:

Platform Timer Resolution:platform Timer Resolution
    The default platform timer resolution is 15.6ms (15625000ns) and should be used whenever the system is idle. If the timer resolution is increased, processor power management technologies may not be effective. The timer resolution may be increased due to multimedia playback or graphical animations.
    Current Timer Resolution (100ns units) 10000
    Maximum Timer Period (100ns units) 156001

Platform Timer Resolution:Outstanding Timer Request
    A program or service has requested a timer resolution smaller than the platform maximum timer resolution.
    Requested Period 10000
    Requesting Process ID 5812
    Requesting Process Path \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files (x86)\UNRESTRICTED\Media\HTPC\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe

I can understand the graphical animations bit, but that is why I was asking if anyone had had a symptom like this before and just some ideas on fixing it. I will try to isolate logs of the specific time frame tomorrow, but unless I am more blind than I had thought, they didn't have any pertinent information.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I don't think anyone should ever say that "there's nothing in the logs", it really won't do you any help.

Just enable debug logging, tick "Enable extensive logging" on both PowerScheduler client and PowerScheduler TV-Server plugin and reproduce the problem. Then post ALL, COMPLETE log files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom