Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
DOWNLOAD v0.5

Changes for 0.5

Added support for Binsearch.info
Enabled very beta NFO viewer for Newzbin (limited by, I think, MediaPortal's textbox control)
Switched SAB access to the new API. Speeds things up a bit and fixes most connection errors caused by the server not responding in time. Also adds a bit of information to the status overview.
Fixed NZBMatrix page numbering.
Added support for Ninan 1.1.4 (Ninan - Downloads.)
Added ability to add/use custom feeds for Newzbin and NZBMatrix.
Added importer for Newzbin to import your Saved Searches and Grouplists as custom feeds.
Added Notifier for completed downloads when using SABnzbd/Ninan.
Newzbin/NZBMatrix cookies will be automatically refreshed if they are invalid.
Added ability to set a default job type when using Newzbin with SABnzbd. This setting is changeable on the fly from the context menu.
Fixed slight discrepancy between NZBMatrix feeds in plugin and on website.
Various bugfixes which were fixed in versions scattered through this thread.
Tweaked regex file name suggestions for Binsearch/Yabse (If anyone can tweak it to work better please do.)

There are problems when running SABnzbd 0.3.4. I would recommend staying with 0.3.3 until I can release yet another version to restore full functionality with 0.3.4. If you've already got 0.3.4 installed and are having problems, double check where your SABnzbd.ini file is located and make sure that's the directory you choose in the plugin's configuration screen.

Note to skinners: The only change in this version's skin is the addition of the nfotextbox (id 401) and should ideally be placed in the same position as the listbox (id 9).

Changes for 0.4
  • Added full SABnzbd control. This is accessible from the context menu. Allows queue management and viewing of SAB's history.
  • Added "Saved Searches". You can now save search strings that you often use and access them from the search menu.
  • Added a clipboard function. This allows you to copy a string and then paste/edit it as a search or save it as a saved search.
  • New config interface and config file format. Everything is stored in one file now and should load a bit quicker.
  • Added ability to enable/disable indexing sites as well as feeds.
  • Switched from RSS feeds to actual HTML results. You can now browse any category (TV, Movies, etc) in it's entirety.
  • Added ability to cache TVNZB show list for quick loading.
  • Better page handling and ability to "jump" to a certain page.
  • Fixed lockup on loss of connection (thanks gizzard).
  • Misc bug fixes/general improvements.

IF UPGRADING:
Your current config files will be automatically imported into the new format and deleted upon entering the plugin's config screen. You should check to make sure everything is correct and regrab your cookies just in case.

As always let me know if you have any problems (or if you don't have any problems).

Support for search/browse/download is in place for Newzbin, TVNZB, NZBMatrix, and Yabse. Grabbers natively supported are alt.binz and SABnzbd, although you can use any grabber you want. If you use alt.binz or SAB, you will be able to monitor the status of the download and (SAB only) pause/resume the download.

To Install:
I've included skins for BlueTwo, BlueTwo Wide, Monochrome, & Indigo. Put myusenet.dll in your Plugins/Window folder.

BEFORE USING THE PLUGIN, YOU MUST CONFIGURE IT!

If you are using alt.binz, select it in the plugin configuration. You then need to select the folder that contains altbinz.exe. The plugin will place all NZB files in the \nzb directory. To enable My Usenet to be able to monitor alt.binz, from within alt.binz setup you need to select Miscellaneous #2 and check "Enable Status in XML File". Next, select the NZB tab in alt.binz setup and make sure that "Auto-Import NZB files from folder" is checked and the folder listed is your alt.binz folder\nzb.

If you are using SAB, select it in the plugin configuration. You then need to select the folder that contains sabnzbd.exe. The plugin will read your SAbnzbd config file for the monitored directory. If you configured SAB to require a username/password be sure to fill that in. The address:port is by default 127.0.0.1:8080. If you didn't change it or you don't know what it is, just use that. Do the same for Ninan.

If you choose other, select the folder that your grabber monitors for nzb files.

If you plan to use NZBMatrix or Newzbin, click it's button and enter your username/password. Then click the "Get Cookies" button. You should only have to do this one time. You do not need to have a "VIP" (paid) account with NZBmatrix, just a regular free one will do. The plugin will automatically unzip the nzb when it downloads it.

Attachments

• myusenetattrib.jpg
    myusenetattrib.jpg
    64.2 KB
  • myusenetlist.jpg
    myusenetlist.jpg
    95.8 KB

dwoodzz

Portal Pro
May 2, 2007
Home Country
I use NZBMatrix-it has rss support as well- This will be an awesome plugin!
Now if we could get it integrated into MP-Tvseries.....
Let me know if you need a beta tester for this.
Thanks

peter5_uk

Portal Member
November 4, 2006
binsearch.info excellent site has most groups and rss although need gzip rss reader

bintube.com much the same as binsearch each of them has around 500 groups

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
I will do my best to add support for all of those although I may leave out binaries.nl as it does not offer nzb support. Alot of people now upload an nzb with their post, though, so that may work. I'll see what happens with it. Also, I forgot to mention that altbinz automatically checks the files against the par2 and unrars them. Basically, once you select what to download and wait for it to complete you'll be able to watch/listen/whatever without ever leaving MediaPortal.

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I would realy love this plugin to work.

I myself use a dutch Database program to sort the usenet posts, called FTD. the NZB I like I download from yasbe or binsearch.

Does is auto par en unrar also ?

GuustFlater

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    Maybe you can use SABNzbD as an download, PAR and unrar tool? This program runs as a service and can be accessed through a web browser..

Plugin sounds interesting!!!

Borked

July 5, 2007
    I've been looking for a plugin like this forever :D I would love to test this out, can you gimmie a link to it? I love usenet, I mainly use binsearch.info to get my stuff, and autounpack to automaticly unrar it and repair it. Perhaps you could do something like NZBplayer (http://www.nzbplayer.com/) does where it streams from the rar files as you are downloading? that would be really cool.

jburnette

Portal Pro
    August 24, 2006
    Kentucky
    Home Country
    I'm currently adding support for sabnzbd as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom