My Videos Layout (1 Viewer)

Kyoo Moo

Portal Member
August 5, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi.

Thanks for this amazing skin, it simply outclasses most others. But there's one thing that I can't figure out:

I use both Moving Pictures (for movies) and My Videos (for stand-up, home videos, etc.) - but My Videos in the X-Factor skin autoatically uses the Moving Pictures layout. It looks a bit silly, with "Runtime", "Rating", "Director" etc. So I was wondering if there's any way to get a regular (similar to My Pictures) style layout for My Videos?

Thanks a bunch. :)

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Thank you for your feedback but I don't understand what you mean. Please provide a screenshot.

Thank you in advance.

best regards
    cul8er

Kyoo Moo

Portal Member
    August 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Sorry, I didn't really know how to explain it. Here's a screenshot:

videos2.jpg

Do you see what I mean now? Its just like Moving Pictures. But the thing is I don't want to use My Videos for movies, I want to use it for other kinds of videos.

I was just wondering if there's any way to get My Videos looking more like the My Pictures plugin, with just folders and thumbnails, no "runtime", "director" etc. fields.

Hope that clarifies it a little.

Thanks for your patience, my English is not so good (pratar du svenska?)...

MageMinds

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I have this problem too. My Video, which is accessible only trough the "other" home page or you have to add the xlm in a menu content using the XFactor configurator. The My Video should only list the folders it find like Blue3wide does, without artwork, maybe a background image would be nice.

MP-TVSeries can't handle everything by it's own, I have a lot of documentaries that MP-TVSeries doesn't like at all, I have to get them using My Videos.

Imagine you have a video of your daughter birthday, you should be able to get it, not my using MP-TVSeries, but using My Videos.

MageMinds

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I see what you mean but I don't think I will change the layout. Many people still uses myVideo (and not MovingPictures) for videos and I have received alot of requests that they wanted the same layout for their movies using myVideos that users of Moving Pictures have. I will however see if I can make a MOD that meets your requirements.

In the meantime you can use the other views (thumbnails or filmstrip).
    best regards
    cul8er

Kyoo Moo

Portal Member
    August 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Thanks for your speedy replies. I understand that some people use My Videos for movies. A mod would be great. The problem with using the other views is that they still have movie elements. For example, the filmstrip view has a year in brackets next to the folder name. But I am in no rush and can wait patiently for a mod, whenever you find the time.

Thanks again
    Q Moo

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I will however see if I can make a MOD that meets your requirements.

Perhaps an .xml available in the installer called "show minimal information for use with home videos" will work. I myself only use this for my childrens cartoons like Scooby Doo and such and have often thought about this, but never actually cared enough to "fix" it. :D

Thanks man, your skin is still the best.
    Emph

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I included this in the version that will come today. It works like this. If genre info is available then layout is like today. If genre info is not available then minimal info is shown. Hope you like it.

cheers
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Please let me know if the new version is better and solves your design issues.

best regards
    cul8er

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom