My Videos - Titles view sorting (1 Viewer)

micko

Portal Pro
May 27, 2006
Home Country
Finland Finland
Country flag
Hi,
It would be nice if MP could ignore prefixes ('the', 'a', 'an') when sorting (movie database) titles in 'My Videos'. Now almost half of my videos are found at letter 't' :)

Anyway this could be matter of opinion.. what do other users think about that? If I remember right 'My Films'-plugin do ignore those prefixes. There also could be option in configuration for this..?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Moving Pictures also ignores "The" in film names, much prefer that look also, should be possible as it already works for Music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

This is not possible if it is a self made series, like personal travel videos etc.
    This is not possible if it is a self made series, like personal travel videos etc.
    Hi! I have videos that I want to show in TV-Series, such as personal TV series and educational series. As some examples I have...
    Replies
    Views
    Ok. Thanks again :)
    Ok. Thanks again :)
    Been using MediaPortal for some years, haven't used the Video Database until now though. Have some newbie questions. 1. Grabber to...
    Replies
    Views
    It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me over the edge for sure.;)
    It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3 MediaPortal 2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this year, in march 2020) the Telenet provider will stop broadcasting Analog TV and Radio signals on their cable, and make the switch to Digital (DVB-C). The radio signals will disappear completely, so you'll...
    OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this...
    OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this...
    Replies
    Views
    I am still here, thanks for the input, so I have now settled on mp1, I am not afraid of a lot of tweaking. Good news on tuners is I can run side by side with my WMC setup, as my tuners are using DVBlink to combine channels for WMC, so WMC is using 8 virtual tuners from DVBlink while MP is using the tuners directly. Of course they are...
    I am still here, thanks for the input, so I have now settled on mp1, I am not afraid of a lot of tweaking. Good news on tuners is...
    No doubt I am not the first to make this journey so hopefully all can be achieved. So in short I have been running WMC for 8 years...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom