[fixed] My Videos "Years" view & Thumbnails/ Icons? (1 Viewer)

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Guys,

I've been doing a little customisation on my favorite skin recently but I've hit a wall with what I thought was going to be something simple (but then again I'm only starting to get to grips with skinning so that's hardly surprising :)).

Is there any way to add either a fixed thumbnail/ icon or a custom set of icons to the "Year" database view in MyVideos?

When in list view if I filter by "year" the missing cover image appears (at least on the skins I've tried) however, if I switch to any other view (Icons, Big Icons, Filmstrip & Coverflow) you just see an emply mask. No missing cover image or anything.

To make matters worse, my prefered skin doesn't enable item text by default (<renderFocusText> & <renderUnfocusText> both set to no). I've rectified this but it still isn't very nice to look at :).

What I'd ideally like to do is have the "Years" view support a custom thumbnail folder like "Genre's" does. I would happily put in the work to create a set of calendar based icons for a century or so (sad I know :D). If this requires changes to the main code (guessing it would) then I'd happily accept a single generic calendar icon appearing for all years or even the "missing coverart" icon (this could be modified so it wouldn't look so bad).

I appreciate that this is a very trivial thing in the grand scheme of things but any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and all the best,

Mick.

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Yes, code needs to be added for those thumbs. Will add this to my to do list.

Thanks Deda.

Wish I could help reduce the size of the list rather than keep adding to it.:(

Cheers,

Mick.

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi Deda,

When you get around to looking at this, can you also check out what's going on with the default "Sort by" option in year view please.

I have my video view for "years" configured as default

Selection = year, Layout = List, SortBy = Year

However, when I go to "Year" view in MP it defaults to "Sort by size".

Screencaps attached.

I appreciate that this could be a bug rather than a dev question so if you confirm it, please feel free to move/ split the thread. Just thought I'd post it here as it's kind of continuing the discussion.

Cheers,

Mick

Attachments

• MPC_Video_Views_Year.JPG
      MPC_Video_Views_Year.JPG
      75.4 KB
    • default_sort by.jpg
      default_sort by.jpg
      33.8 KB
    • Videos_Year_First_opened.jpg
      Videos_Year_First_opened.jpg
      30.3 KB

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    I think you have VS to compile patch. Can you test this and see if Year sort is ok and can you see Years thumbs.

For Years thumbs, look after start of MP in (MP Config - \Thumbs\Videos\Year) and put there some pics named as year numbers you see in Years view (ie. 2001.jpg...)

Attachments

• YearTumbs_YearView_Fix.patch
      10.4 KB

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    I think you have VS to compile patch. Can you test this and see if Year sort is ok and can you see Years thumbs.

For Years thumbs, look after start of MP in (MP Config - \Thumbs\Videos\Year) and put there some pics named as year numbers you see in Years view (ie. 2001.jpg...)

Hi Deda,

I'm speechless and very grateful! How you found time for this I don't know.:D

Works perfectly! (see attached)

Now to make the icons look nice :). I'm sure there's better designers than me here but I'll step up with a first attempt.

Thanks again mate :)

All the best,

Mick

Attachments

• Default_Year_SortBy_List.jpg
      Default_Year_SortBy_List.jpg
      32.4 KB
    • Default_Year_SortBy_Icons.jpg
      Default_Year_SortBy_Icons.jpg
      31.9 KB
    • Default_Year_SortBy_Filmstrip.jpg
      Default_Year_SortBy_Filmstrip.jpg
      27.4 KB

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi Deda,

Thanks for explaining but, more importantly, thanks again for fixing.

Well, I'll put my money where my mouth is :p so, for anyone that's interested, please find attached a set of generic year icons for use with this patch/ post 28089 svn's.

I've done "1920-2016". Hopefully that's far enough back and a bit future proof but if anyone has a movie prior to 1920 and would like an icon I'm happy to supply :D.

They're not "flashy" but do the job (at least for me).

As usual, feel free to move this if it's better else where :).

All the best,

Mick

Attachments

• year_icons.jpg
      year_icons.jpg
      51.2 KB
    • ICONS.zip
      1.5 MB

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Thx for icons :). Will see with Dadeo to put them somewhere on more proper place for community download.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom