MPEG2 Audio Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Thermaltake DH101
Cooling: Zalman CNPS9500AM2
Power Supply: Thermatake PurePower 600W
Remote: iMON Pad
TV: LG Plasma
TV - HTPC Connection: RGB

MyBurner will not create data dvd's. The files get copied into the temp dir, but for some reason the iso file does not get created.

I tried everything manually like in the log:
1. copied the files into the temp folder
2. made the iso file with mkisofs.exe and the parameters given in the log file (iso file was created with no problem)
3. burned the dvd with dvdburn and same arguments like in log file (data dvd was burned with no problem)

still, from within MP, it can't make the iso file and therefore does not go into the burn step.

i have attached the logfiles. hope anyone can help out ..

btw: i made a data cd and it all worked no problem, but data dvd soemthing is not clicking right here

megacrypto

Portal Pro
October 20, 2006
OK :) Finally got it to write a data dvd, but there is a trick to it:
1. Leave files on drive (this has to be checked otherwise obviously the files are deleted before the iso file is made .. i guess)
2. Rename the file names to a limited number of characters (i did not manage yet to find out how many, but my first try - i was tryin to record some divx movies and all of them where cut at different positions, so really there wasn't a number of char's to say one could stop at. but then i renamed the files with the most of them had 22 chars, and it all worked fine)

I hope this can help someone to look at the plugin (which i don't know if the source is available or not) and maybe fix these bugs

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi

Do I understand correctly, are you saying that the movie's actual file-name should be shortened to fewer than 22 before trying to burn it to DVD? I'm asking because I have given up on this plug-in, I have never been able to get it to actually write the DVD. Usually what happens is that it creates the ISO-file, but never actually writes it to the DVD-Disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom