MyDVD plugin/alternate solutions (1 Viewer)

crashball

Portal Member
October 30, 2006
I have been getting to know MP over the last few weeks and love it. I am currently ripping all my DVDs to my HTPC (via DVD shrink, not ISO) to use primarily as a DVD/Music server.

I had used DVD Profiler in the past to catalog my DVDs. While it is a little out of date it still has 90% of collection in it so I used MyDVD plugin to import the collection to MP. My issue, or question, is when I add a DVD to my collection, do I need to reimport my whole collection just to add the one (or two) new title?

I love having the cover art available as well as the synopsis and cast info that DVD profiler provides so i don't really wat to give it up, but as far as the importing prcoess goes, iwould love just to be able to add a new DVD folder to my drive and Have it show up and somehow pull the media info through the internet. Is there a way to configure it to do this?

I thought i have read you could do this without the MyDVD plugin but have not tried it yet. Would this method lose the cover art and move data?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom