zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
You can find it
here for latest SVNs
and
here for stable 0.2.2 version
New functionnalities :

- hierarchy structure (thanks to happytalk)
- possible to define many configuration on many xml databases or on the same with differents parameters. You can define a config by default that'll be loaded at the plugin start; if none and many configurations, the configuration to be loaded will be asked at the plugin start. Possible to change the configuration with the Change View button...
- possible to define a default view
- more controls on the XML AMC database during setup.
- some bugs corrected

Enjoy

bobrap

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 22, 2006
    TN
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I must be missing something simple. In the Switch View, there is an option for Storage Hard Disk. How do you get that to work? Also, for the ignorant me, what does this actually mean? - hierarchy structure (thanks to happytalk)
    Thanks for a great plugin!:D

zebons

Portal Pro
    January 2, 2006
    I must be missing something simple. In the Switch View, there is an option for Storage Hard Disk. How do you get that to work? Also, for the ignorant me, what does this actually mean? - hierarchy structure (thanks to happytalk)
    Thanks for a great plugin!:D
    With that view you can select only movies which have an information in the item corresponding to the 'ANT File Strorage Info' given in the setup. So normally all movies which are stored on hard Disks and that you can launch easely without searching and mounting a CDROM for example ;-))

bobrap

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 22, 2006
    TN
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Got it, thanks. :)

Just wanted to add a question...is it possible to set the harddisk storage as the default view?

MojoFlow

Portal Member
    March 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I am getting an error when try to load the .xml file.

The error is:

Invalid Character for Movie Number at position 0. You have to correct the Movie's information with ANT Movie Catalog software!.
    Exception Message: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.

Now, I have read about this error message, where it is from one of the entries not having a valid character, but, this appears to happen before any entries.

Here is the start of my .xml file:

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
    <AntMovieCatalog Format="35" Version="3.5.0 (2005-05-29)" Date="3/4/2007 9:27:47 PM">
     <Catalog>
      <Properties/>
      <Contents>
       <Movie Number="1" Checked="True" Rating="9.0" OriginalTitle="12 Monkeys: Special Edition" 
    FormattedTitle="12 Monkeys: Special Edition" Director="Terry Gilliam" Producer="Charles Roven,Terry Gilliam" Year="1996"
     Length="130" Actors="Bruce Willis|Madeleine Stowe|Brad Pitt|Christopher Plummer" URL="" Description="In this science fiction
     masterpiece, Cole (Bruce Willis) is sent back in time to save the human race from a deadly virus that has forced mankind into dank 
    underground communities in the future.  Along his travels, he encounters a psychiatrist (Madeleine Stowe) and a mental patient, 
    brilliantly portrayed by Brad Pitt, who may hold the key the mysterious rogue group, The Army of the 12 Monkeys, thought to be 
    responsible for unleashing the killer disease.  Believing he can obtain a pure virus sample in order to find a cure in the future, 
    he is met with one riddle after another that puts him in a race for time." Languages="Dolby Digital 5.1" Picture="AllMovies_1.jpg"/>

Note: I put in some carriage returns so it would display better.

Thanks for any suggestions/help with this!

zebons

Portal Pro
    January 2, 2006
    I am getting an error when try to load the .xml file.

The error is:

Invalid Character for Movie Number at position 0. You have to correct the Movie's information with ANT Movie Catalog software!.
    Exception Message: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.

Now, I have read about this error message, where it is from one of the entries not having a valid character, but, this appears to happen before any entries.

Here is the start of my .xml file:

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
    <AntMovieCatalog Format="35" Version="3.5.0 (2005-05-29)" Date="3/4/2007 9:27:47 PM">
     <Catalog>
      <Properties/>
      <Contents>
       <Movie Number="1" Checked="True" Rating="9.0" OriginalTitle="12 Monkeys: Special Edition" 
    FormattedTitle="12 Monkeys: Special Edition" Director="Terry Gilliam" Producer="Charles Roven,Terry Gilliam" Year="1996"
     Length="130" Actors="Bruce Willis|Madeleine Stowe|Brad Pitt|Christopher Plummer" URL="" Description="In this science fiction
     masterpiece, Cole (Bruce Willis) is sent back in time to save the human race from a deadly virus that has forced mankind into dank 
    underground communities in the future.  Along his travels, he encounters a psychiatrist (Madeleine Stowe) and a mental patient, 
    brilliantly portrayed by Brad Pitt, who may hold the key the mysterious rogue group, The Army of the 12 Monkeys, thought to be 
    responsible for unleashing the killer disease.  Believing he can obtain a pure virus sample in order to find a cure in the future, 
    he is met with one riddle after another that puts him in a race for time." Languages="Dolby Digital 5.1" Picture="AllMovies_1.jpg"/>

Note: I put in some carriage returns so it would display better.

Thanks for any suggestions/help with this!
    I try with part of your XML file and add the end and it's works for me :-(
    What version do you use ?
    When do you get that message during setup or after ? What kind of message do you get when you save your configuration in the setup ?
    Can you send me by PM your xml database ?

bali0000

Portal Member
    February 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I have a problem with the new Myfilms 4.0. I use MP 0.2.2.0 with SVN(03/03/2007). I tick the Setup Myfilms Enabled, and after I go to the MP and I dont see in Home menu and nor in the Plugins. I go to the MP Setup repeat and the plugin is disabled. I try to change enable it seems ok, but after close setup it is change disabled automaticly! Somebody have some idea ?

zebons

Portal Pro
    January 2, 2006
    No idea about :-((
    Do you use the right dll (zip file for latest SVNs) ?
    Do you have define correctly your setup configuration ?
    With that new version you have to re-define your configuration as the setup is now store in the MyFilms.xml file instead of the Mediaportal.xml...
    Take a look on the mediaportal.log file to see if there were any error messages ....

MojoFlow

Portal Member
    March 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I get the error in the plug-in setup.

I assumed that it would have 'broken' the file import, but it seems like it actually works.

I am able to open the 'Films' in Mediaportal. I am getting an error in MP though about a bad entry after enreg .... so I can work on fixing that.

I have tested this with both the stable release and the latest SVN's (as of last night). For clarification, the error occured when I clicked 'Save' in the plug-in config.

It looks like I may be working ok though, I will try to clean up my ANT database and report back.

Cheers!!

bali0000

Portal Member
    February 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I realized the issue, The Cause is : I forgot delete the MesFilms.dll_SVN file !
    That was the problem....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom