MyFootballScorePopup - Live Football Scores! (1 Viewer)

JakeyMouse

Portal Member
April 15, 2008
Home Country
England England
Hello All!

I've been away from MediaPortal programming recently trying to get a setup perfect for my house, and most importantly, 'Girl Friend Proof'. After getting this done, I can now get back into the nitty gritty of what I want :D

One of the things that I really wanted was a way of seeing football match scores within MP. The way I was doing it before was using MyRss, and out of date feeds. All I wanted was a little pop-up on the bottom of my screen with the game, the time and the scorer, so I've set out to make something :)

It's at the stage where I can use it now, but for other people to use it, it will require some tinkering, a config screen and some other League support (Only has English, Italy, Spain and German support at the moment.) Obviously, if people want something like this I will get something together soon, but if not, i'd rather not waste my time so close to Christmas :)

I will get some screenshots when I can, but its quite hard to when there's no football on, and no goals are going in!!

So, what do you think?

JakeyMouse

Portal Member
April 15, 2008
Home Country
England England
That could be a problem at the moment. It will pop up over anything on the screen at the moment (due to the fact NOTHING is more important than knowing the score :p), so this might annoy some people. I will look at turning it off when Video's are playing, or even turning it on or off with a specific keypress.

What do you suggest?

Here's a screenshot of what the popup looks like at the moment, but obviously this will change when someone with more than an ounce of artistic talent has a go at it.

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
November 9, 2008
Arendal
Home Country
Norway Norway
Hey, this sounds great! I think there should be an option whether or not you want the popup to show while watching movies/tv etc, and a hot key(remote key) to turn it off and on. Does it confirm end results, like "Newcastle 5 - 0 Man Utd, Final result" ('96, those were the days) or something?

Which server do you use? Is there possibilities for Champions League, International matches and maybe even the Norwegian "Tippeligaen" (No rush to priority the Norwegian series, not that interesting, not even for us, haha).

sleepycol

Portal Pro
June 2, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
This sounds great! Does it support all English football leagues? Eg Championship and League One and League two? That would be fantastic as I support a team in League One :0)

Cheers,
Colin

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    And whats more important to me, will it improve the chances of Chelsea winning the Premiership :D

It is xmas, everyone has to have a wish ;)

JakeyMouse

Portal Member
    April 15, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Hey, this sounds great! I think there should be an option whether or not you want the popup to show while watching movies/tv etc, and a hot key(remote key) to turn it off and on. Does it confirm end results, like "Newcastle 5 - 0 Man Utd, Final result" ('96, those were the days) or something?

At the moment it does not, but it shouldn't be to hard to program in.

Which server do you use? Is there possibilities for Champions League, International matches and maybe even the Norwegian "Tippeligaen" (No rush to priority the Norwegian series, not that interesting, not even for us, haha).

Will do, and it should already show international matches.

sleepycol said:
    This sounds great! Does it support all English football leagues? Eg Championship and League One and League two? That would be fantastic as I support a team in League One :0)

Ha-ha, it does. Believe it or not, the main reason why I wrote this, is to stay upto date with Cheltenham Town's score's on a Saturday afternoon!!

Paranoid Delusion said:
    And whats more important to me, will it improve the chances of Chelsea winning the Premiership :D

Sorry, no miracle's included :p

Well looks like people are interested, so I'll try and get something sorted out for the next few days. I'll keep everyone posted, but in the mean-time, please send feature request's and league's to include to me. I need all the inspiration I can get!

kalinium1

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 10, 2007
    Tel Aviv
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Hi JakeyMouse,

Would be great if you could add support for Israeli league.
    The football sucks, but This is what I was raised to love :)

If you need links to the live scores or anything else, I would love to help.

Thanks.

safcsat

Portal Pro
    March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    "Newcastle 5 - 0 Man Utd, Final result" ('96, those were the days)

Those days are well and truley gone mate lol! Too much fog on the tyne now haha ;)

Btw this plugin would be amazing!! Just to confirm, will it popup when watching live tv or a movie? it should! Only takes a button press to close it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom