MyForums -plugin (1 Viewer)

WsQ

Portal Pro
December 15, 2008
Kangasala
Home Country
Finland Finland
I have an idea for a plugin but I have no coding skills. I'm currently quite busy in my personal life and not able to learn all the stuff needed. At least not very soon. Probably quite a few people have had this idea before me but I wasn't able to find pretty much anything from the forum about this.

This is why I thought I would present my idea now if some one with a bit of spare time and skills for the job would get interested.

I would like to have MyForums -plugin in MediaPortal. There you could have all your favorite forums and would be able to follow and participate conversations from within MP. Basic principle of the plugin would be quite similar to OnlineVideos - you would have the plugin core and different utils for each forum. Because a handful of forum systems are so popular one would be able to cover a huge amount of forums with just a few utils. Ofcourse MP forums would be the place to start.

If someone would be interested to start working on this. it would be GREAT. If not, maybe in some distant future I will find the time to figure out how to do this myself.

Also, ideas for how the plugin should work, look and behave are more than welcome.

EDIT: Realized just now that maybe this should be in the development section?

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I like the idea too.. I also have asked it a couple of weeks ago, but had no reactions..

Ofcourse you can read the forum with a webbrowser plugin, but It's nicer to see a plugin, because that would be more user friendly..

That's actually the same for tapatalp for your idevice.. Ofcourse you can read the forum of your browser on your smartphone.. But with an app like tapatalk, It's more easier.. :)

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Just an fyi if anyone wants to implement such a plugin -> tapatalk has an api which developers can use to write their own clients.

WsQ

Portal Pro
    December 15, 2008
    Kangasala
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Usability is exactly why I would like this to be more integrated plugin than a web browser plugin can be. Because forums are basically just text, it should not be hard to create more user friendly experience for HTPC use.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just an fyi if anyone wants to implement such a plugin -> tapatalk has an api which developers can use to write their own clients.

Ooh, that is very nice!! Was thinking about that, but I was thinking that there api was only usable for smartphones.. But if it is also usable for Mediaportal plugins by example, would that been very great!

Hope that somebody have the rime and skills to create this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom