myGear DVB-C / eMPIA 2885 (1 Viewer)

Deto

Portal Member
June 7, 2006
I have bought an USB myGear DVB-T/C Tuner from searching around I think its actually an eMPIA 2885.

The problem is that Mediaportal cant find any channels at all (simply reports no signal), however the program that comes with the card (ArcSoft TotalMedia) works just fine.

And here is the weird part.. if I run TotalMedia first and just start a channels scan and then cancel it and then scan in Mediaportal everything works just perfect and it stays that way until I reboot the PC.

Im using Windows 7 64 bit and Mediaportal 1.1.0 Final.

Has anyone else tried this tuner ? or have any ideas to how I could fix this.

I also have a Terratec H7, but it keeps hanging up the TVService in Win7, it worked okay in WinXP.

Sezz2000

Portal Member
September 10, 2010
I have the same problem with MSI Digi Vox Trio Stick. It has also the eMPIA 2885 and Total Media. After starting Total Media first Mediaportal works fine.
After e reboot Mediaportal won't work until Total Media was startet for one short time....

Deto

Portal Member
June 7, 2006
Thank you !

That driver did the trick. I actually found it but gave up trying it since it had the same date as the one i got with the card and the download was ultra slow.

But it works perfectly with that driver!

dw131

October 30, 2011
Hello, the new driver on the empia site dont work! the old ist not for download. can anybody send me the old version? thanks

reeven

Portal Pro
June 8, 2009
Bucharest, greatest city in the world
Home Country
Romania Romania

Epedemic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 13, 2006
    Hi. I just installed mp for a friend who have this card. And it works just fine, but after standby he gets "program/channel not found". If testing channels in tvsetup he gets "no pmt found". This stays the same untill reboot, restarting tvservice or changing tuning type does not help. Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom