MyInternet plugin (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

I am working on an internet explorer plugin that will hopefully be internal rather then just launching intenet explorer in fullscreen mode

A

Anonymous

Ill look into it, main reason I was going to use IE was ease of codeing as the activeX basically handles everything, not sure if firefox has an activeX control, was hopeing to be able to create the activeX in MP, if not I should be able to just do it offscreen and Blit it

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
GregMM said:
main reason I was going to use IE was ease of codeing as the activeX basically handles everything

ActiveX is also one of the biggest security concerns with the browser, another reason why non-IE browsers are increasing their market share.

A

Anonymous

GregMM said:
Ill look into it, main reason I was going to use IE was ease of codeing as the activeX basically handles everything, not sure if firefox has an activeX control, was hopeing to be able to create the activeX in MP, if not I should be able to just do it offscreen and Blit it

I think it is great that you are putting the time and effort in, use what you think will give the best results. If someone has a problem using explorer then there is the option of not using it, or an other option, develop it yourself.

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
GregMM said:

There is an activex version of firefox (or should I say, the mozilla browser component). Check it out at: http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/mozilla.htm

I've never used it before, but its designed to have similar functions exposed so you can easily switch between the IE activex control and the firefox activex control without having to change much of your code.

cheezey:
I'm not sure if I get what you mean, but if you mean that activex shouldn't be used, then read on. If you mean that IE supports activex and therefore shouldn't be used, sorry, I misunderstood you. ActiveX certainly is a security hazard for users when the activeX control is embedded in webpages. However, the ActiveX technology is a way of putting a control/program into a reusable form for other programmers and is often used (though not as much with the advent of .NET). The danger of activeX lies in the fact that IE allows loading of activeX controls with minimal restrictions. Just thought I'd point this out to avoid confusion...

HTH

Looking forward to the plugin!

Sam

A

Anonymous

little status update

just writing to let you know that im still working on it, solved most of my problems, am able to draw to MP directly with D3D which will be cool, going to add virtual resolution to configuration so that people running high resolution eg 1920x1080 for HDTV output can set virtual res to like 1024x768 and it will be enlarged and easy to read rather then the normal ie way (to see what I mean set your resolution to the highest it goes probly 2048x1536 if your monitor supports it and try an brwse the internet maximized, you probly wont be able to read anything and fixed size sites will have the whole site taking up like 1/3 the width of the browser), Im probly going to rewrite in C++ because the .net framework doesnt expose the IViewObject/IViewObject2 interface so I need to go back to native C++ to get these interfaces...hopefully a bneta should be ready in the next week or two

Users who are viewing this thread