Completed myMP - Complete new Installation Instruction & Hauppauge pvr-500 driver change (1 Viewer)

LXB

Portal Pro
August 25, 2005
Hi,
just because i didn´t find a simple "howto" do a Windows XP setup to a mediaportal stand alone HTPC, i did a little protocol for those who need it.

hopefully helps some beginners ;-)
cheers, LX.

***edit***
i decided to continue this thread by documentation if i change anything or ecounter a failure when i´m able to find a solution that works. so i hope to help some1 who will need that.
***edit***

LXB

Portal Pro
August 25, 2005
just as murphy told, the above installation instruction resulted in a problem.
if my pvr-500 has been active and i used some context menu (like in mytv, recordings, press right mouse button on one recording), the system stopped. first the tv signal froze and then the whole win completely, just to reset the pc was an option!
as the reproduction of the problem showed, that the tvsignal stopped first, i decided to try to change the pvr-500 drivers first. and it worked.

here´s the step by step solution to change hauppauge driver:

1. downloading from hauppauge the latest pvr drivers from: http://hauppauge.lightpath.net/software/mce/mce_cd_31e.zip
1a. just thought the new drivers have a release number like the filename ;-)
2. extract zip file and deinstall yet installed driver by calling hcwclear with option to deinstall all
2a. you see a folder below the extraction path called WinTV-PVR-150500MCE_2.0.43.24103 (WHQL) this is the one you need later on!
3. let complete deinstallation until the "dos-box" closes
4. reboot machine
5. win should recognise some new hardware, you should tell here - no, not this time and click continue/next (do not cancel this driver installation!)
5a. on the next page tell windows that you have your own drivers - 'Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)' and next/continue
5b. let win use your path from before/extraction (2a) by choosing 'Search for driver in these locations'
6. click next/continue and you´ll have a working pvr-500
7. in mp setup delete the existing cards and add the new ones
8. specifiy recording paths and channels to both the pvr500 cards

at my installation the problems are gone now!
just to complete: i´m using svn 14582.
cheers, LX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom