MyMusic database problem (1 Viewer)

ianc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2007
    wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    I'm moving over from MCE and like how MP works but I've hit a problem with organising my music the way I like it.

I'd like to display it by Album (big icons of album covers) and then be able to drill down to individual tracks.

The music is stored in a standard format of:
    \music\Artist\album\track

where the tracks are mp3 with good id3 tags (according to audioshell).

However when I try to implement a "Music View" in MP Configuration (there were none preconfigured) I keep getting crap out. Specifically I've tried the following:
    Selection Operator Restriction Limit ViewAs SortBy ASC
    Album BigIcons Name
    Track List Track x

I get blank icons with the album name below it and no tracks when I drill down.

I'm using SVN 16611. (I'm also trying to get TVServer working - A whole different story!)

Any help much appreciated

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Do you have album art in the album directory (ex folder.jpg)?
    Do you have album art embedded in mp3 files?

When you "Update database" from the configuration program, the above mentioned art is copied to the MediaPortal\thumbs\Music\Albums folder. I think it is then used for the icons. Maybe you can check this directory and see if the files are there.

Sidenote: you can also put the artist art in MediaPortal\thumbs\Music\Artists.
    Example Madonna.jpg & MadonnaL.jpg. Standard and Large image of artist. In the "Now Playing" wnidow, MP will switch between artist and album image every few seconds.

ianc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2007
    wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    rekenaar - Thanks for the prompt and very early response!

The album art is in "Folder.jpg" files within the album part in the "\music\Artist\album\track" structure. The ID3 tags contain Artist, album, track name etc. They do not appear to have album art in them.

I've checked in "MediaPortal\thumbs\Music\Albums" and found large numbers of jpgs (>1000). I had previously tried to load my music from MediaCenter in one go (accounts for the large number of jpgs) but then tried to do it 10-20 albums at a time. I thought I had cleared the database before doing this.

Should I empty these directories?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    So you have it like this?
    \music\Artist\Madonna\Confessions on a dance floor\track01.mp3
    \music\Artist\Madonna\Confessions on a dance floor\track02.mp3
    \music\Artist\Madonna\Confessions on a dance floor\track03.mp3
    \music\Artist\Madonna\Confessions on a dance floor\track04.mp3
    \music\Madonna\Confessions on a dance floor\Folder.jpg
    This should do.

You can try to empty the music thumbs directories, but I think it will just be recreated when you update the database again.

Maybe you can experiment with one of the albums that is not working. Take something like mp3tag and embed the album art in each mp3 file. Update database. Post your results.

ianc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2007
    wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Slightly different the format is as follows:

\music\Madonna\Confessions on a dance floor\track01.mp3
    \music\Madonna\Confessions on a dance floor\track02.mp3
    \music\Madonna\Confessions on a dance floor\track03.mp3
    \music\Madonna\Confessions on a dance floor\track04.mp3
    \music\Madonna\Confessions on a dance floor\Folder.jpg

A specific example would be:
    D:\Music\Jose Gonzalez\Veneer\01 Slow Moves.mp3
    D:\Music\Jose Gonzalez\Veneer\02 Remain.mp3
    D:\Music\Jose Gonzalez\Veneer\03 Lovestain.mp3
    etc ...
    D:\Music\Jose Gonzalez\Veneer\11 Broken Arrows.mp3
    D:\Music\Jose Gonzalez\Veneer\AlbumArt_{ED08E68B-4E9B-439B-9CF7-F52332450729}_Large.jpg
    D:\Music\Jose Gonzalez\Veneer\AlbumArt_{ED08E68B-4E9B-439B-9CF7-F52332450729}_Small.jpg
    D:\Music\Jose Gonzalez\Veneer\AlbumArtSmall.jpg
    D:\Music\Jose Gonzalez\Veneer\Folder.jpg

Nothing in the D:\Music\Jose Gonzalez directory otherthan the Veneer subdirectory.

I deleted the jpgs in the "MediaPortal\thumbs\Music\Albums" and this did seem to sort the album cover icons but I'm still having a problem of no tracks when I drill down (click on the album icon). However if I add the album to playlist then the tracks appear in the playlist!!!

I have a further issue where some albums are just not appearing at all. An example is "War of the Worlds Part 1 of 2" and "War of the Worlds Part 2 of 2" - two albums in two seperate directories under a directory called "Jeff Wayne". However only "part 2 of 2" appears! Everything appears identical in terms of information and structure.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Sorry, I can't help further. You already mentioned that your mp3 tags are correct.

Maybe one of the admins/mods/devs can give some other suggestions?

Ramshackles

Portal Pro
    December 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I pretty much have the same file structure as you: \Music\Artist\Album\Tracks although all my files have been tagged with tag&rename, and was previously used in iTunes. I know my files have embedded the images in the tags.

The structure I would set up like:
    musicview.jpg

Other than that, maybe look at the Music Database settings. Might be something with "use existing thumbs" or along those lines.

ianc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2007
    wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Sorted with a reinstall using a more recent SVN

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom