[Approved] MyPictures big picture collection and shared drive patch (1 Viewer)

asagala

Portal Pro
December 13, 2008
Montreal
Home Country
Canada Canada
The way MyPictures deals with thumbnails is not ideal. It creates thumbnails as you navigate through folders and this creates issues when you have alot of pictures or you are browsing on a shared drive. It is slow and bring up CPU usage which bring the machine to a screeching halt.

I created a patch that allows all thumbs to be pre-created using a button in the configuration. This fixes the issues with navigating big picture collections on shared drives

It adds a Picture database section under Picture section in MP configuration tool. Click the generate button and it generates all thumbs for the selected drives and adds all pictures to the picture database

Attachments

• MyPicturesThumbnailGeneration(SVN22732).patch
    30.7 KB

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

This sounds excellent. I'd definitely like to see it included.

Thanks,

Mark

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    +1, it takes ages to navigate through my Picture collection on my NAS....

orph

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    64 bit vs 32 bit

It apparently works on Vista 32 bit, but I'm having a hard time getting it to work on Vista 64 bit. The configuration.exe won't even start a splash screen before getting an error, so I can't provide any log files. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a different compiling method for x64 vs x32? (I know very little about programming)

I'd love to get this feature running. Let me know. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom