MyPictures initial zoom wrong (1 Viewer)

fitto

Portal Pro
July 6, 2007
Barcelona
Hello,

This little buggy thing has been annoying me ever since I started using MediaPortal a couple years ago. I know MyPictures needs major re-design, but this bug is easy to fix (hopefully) and might greatly increase usability for this plugin:D.

I use a 16:9 screen. When viewing pictures with Aspect Ratio wider than 4:3 (i.e. 3:2, 16:9 or customized), the picture is displayed with black borders on sides as well as top and bottom.

Funny enough, if you zoom in (any level) and then out to the max, then the picture stays filling the screen at maximum:mad:. The fix could be setting the initial zoom the same way this zoom out is done:).

If anyone could fix this, I'd appreciate it forever:D

Regards!

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Here is an example.

The picture:
    pict0.jpg

When viewing it fullscreen:
    pict1.jpg

And finally when selecting normal fullscreen zoom view with remote button 1:
    pict2.jpg

fitto

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2007
    Barcelona
    As the previous example could be caused by the picture's smaller resolution (that should also be fixed), I'm attaching anohter example.

Orignal Picture:
    Original Picture.JPG

Viewing it in fullscreen:
    FullScreen.jpg

It looks squeezed because my 16:9 plasma uses a native 4:3 resolution (configured in MP screen calibration). It looks fine on the display.
    Anyway, you can easily see the pic is leaving black bars on top and bottom, besides left and right.

After pressing [1] on the remote or keyboard:
    After pressing 1 button.jpg

Hope this helps identifying this issue!!!

Thanks in advance for taking a look into it!

asagala

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2008
    Montreal
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    These issues seem to be fixed in the SVN. Here is what I got when I loaded the picture in My Pictures. Didnt change any zoom level or remote keys. From what I got from the description of the issue this is what you want to have as a behavior correct?

Attachments

• 10-34-00.jpg
      10-34-00.jpg
      89.7 KB

fitto

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2007
    Barcelona
    Hello asagala,

I think my issue mighy be specific to 16:9 (maybe 16:10 ass well) widescreen...
    Which aspect ratio has your screen? Could you test it in a widescreen config?

asagala

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2008
    Montreal
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    works for me. Zoom is all ok and thats with MP 1.0.2. Maybe the issue is with your calibration setup?

fitto

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2007
    Barcelona
    Hello,

Thanks a lot for checking.

I'm running MP 1.0.2 as well, and I'm having this ever since I first started with MP.

I think your right, it might be specific to widescreen calibrated to "non-square" pixel aspect-ratio. There are a lot of screens, especially earlier plasma models, using a native 4:3 resolution to fill a 16:9 screen. MP has the great hability of adjusting pixel aspect ratio within the screen calibration... Actually I jumped to MP ages ago because of this.

Anyway, it should be easily reproduceable. Just go to screen calibration, and at the last step, pixel AR, you have to make a rectangle look square. Just make it anything greater than 1 (mine's 1.33).
    Even if everything looks squezeed (just for testing), go and try to watch wide pictures fullscreen, you should see how the picture doesn't fill the screen...

Am I right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom