MyPictures share browsing patch (1 Viewer)

asagala

Portal Pro
December 13, 2008
Montreal
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi,

The way MyPictures deals with thumbnails is not ideal. It creates thumbnails as you navigate through folders and this creates issues when you have alot of pictures or you are browsing on a shared drive. It is slow and bring up CPU usage which bring the machine to a screeching halt.

I created a patch that allows all thumbs to be pre-created using a button in the configuration. This fixes the issues with navigating big picture collections.

Its been compiled against MP 1.0.2. Just replace the files in the zip below in the mediaportal directory and it should work fine. As always make a backup of the replaces files before overwritting them. Once the files are replaced start the configuration tool in advanced mode. Select "Picture Database" section and click the "Update Database from Selected Shares" button. The process can take time if you have a lot of pictures. Once all thumbs are generated and database populated picture navigation will be quick in MP.

Patch has made it in SVN. Should be in Mediaportal 1.1. In the meantime you can use the below binaries for 1.0.2

Update 2009-06-10: fixed issues with bad assembly and file version for MP 1.0.2

Attachments

• MyPicturesThumbGeneration_V3.zip
    30.7 KB

providers

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi

I get an error when trying to the config
    Mediaportal and TV-server dont have same version.
    Please Update the Older Component to the same version as the newer one.
    MPconfig version 1.0.2.0
    TV-Server version 1.0.2.22555

I use MP 1.0.2 without any SVN

/Providers

asagala

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2008
    Montreal
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I compiled against revision 22555 (1.0.2 MP). I dont use tv-server so it will be harder for me to debug. I will look into it.

Can you send me the exact error msg you are getting?

miked

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2007
    For me, the option shows up as "Picture Database", selects folders I don't have selected as sources in the Picture Folders, and the generate button is labeled "Update Database from Selected Shares.

But this is still ages beyond the old way! Thanks! Now to update my theme :)

...Mike

asagala

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2008
    Montreal
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Happy you like it. Ill fix the issue with the wrong shares being selected. Also changed my instructions in the first post a little bit so they better reflect reality.

asagala

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2008
    Montreal
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Took a look at how the other databases UI behaved (MyMovies and MyMusic). By default they select all folders listed in the source folder screen. I will keep the functionnality in MyPictures database as is so it matches the rest of Mediaportal.

asagala

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2008
    Montreal
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yes but I cant understand why the two versions are different. I compiled my patch against revision 22555 the same used by MP 1.0.2. Are you sure you did not update TVserver separately and that you are using the latest MP 1.0.2 and not the patched version they released right after 1.0.1 came out.

providers

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    My tv server is updatet from FTR1.4, but its compiled against MP 1.0.2

Im almost sure that the revision should be v. 1.0.2.22555
    AM I the only one with problems?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom