MyPrograms: additional file attributes! (1 Viewer)

waeberd

Portal Pro
August 16, 2004
Fribourg (CH)
Hi,

one improvment in MyPrograms that would be great IMHO:

In the file list, it would be great to be able to separate the
displayed itemname from the filename!!

Example in MAME:
The files are ZIPs that contain all the needed ROM dumps for one
game. The name of the zip archive is not very self-explanatory, but
it is used in MAME as an identifier and cannot be changed.
MAME handles those roms and attaches info to it. Of course this is
mame-specific stuff, but it would be cool to have file-independent
attributes like
TITLE
DESCRIPTION

etc.
in the database!

These additional attributes should be generic enough that they can be used
for every MyProgram-item!

To get an idea, maybe have a look at myGames (a utility that generates one
special myHTPC module out of a specific rom-list) here: http://www.getmygames.com/

This tool has some minor glitches (though I didn't check out the latest version), but it works fine has some very cool ideas...

Maybe it would be possible to import data from a "*.my" file into the MP database?

Did anybody already have a look at this? If not I will :)!
If yes I'd be happy to hear experiences...

Any comments?

Daniel

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

The MP2 team is proud to present the release of MediaPortal 2.1.3 MediaPortal 2.1.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user requirements out of the box. Besides its TV and Radio services it is also offering a complete media management for movies, series and music, including posters, album and fan art...
The MP2 team is proud to present the release of MediaPortal 2.1.3 MediaPortal 2.1.3 is a full-blown media center software that...
The MP2 team is proud to present the release of MediaPortal 2.1.3 MediaPortal 2.1.3 is a full-blown media center software that...
Replies
Views
Yes, better there.
Yes, better there.
NOTE: Original post edited to update on each issue. Hi all, This is my first post on here, having just come from a fairly well...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Some Suggestions DE
Wow, so the feature was there all along. I didn't even know the context menu exists. Noted regarding the drag-drop issue, although I'm on Windows 7 and drag-drop from browser/Windows Explorer doesn't work for me either. I tried running IE as Administrator and drag-drop worked so I guess that can be used as a workaround.
Wow, so the feature was there all along. I didn't even know the context menu exists. Noted regarding the drag-drop issue, although...
Hey Brownard, I think the My Emulators plugin is great. In fact, the only reason I have MediaPortal installed is to use this...
Replies
Views
Sorry to hear that you have to go to hospital. I hope that all wil be fine. In fact you have already all the information needed. The database name and the table name are the same than in mySQL for ArgusTV. How can I provide you the Backup file ?
Sorry to hear that you have to go to hospital. I hope that all wil be fine. In fact you have already all the information needed...
Hi. I like to introduce our latest tool, called "EPG-Buddy". This program should make EPG grabbing as easy as possible. Up to now a...
Replies
Views
Historical reasons, so that if you update to a new version and it fails, you can go back to old one. As to why it keeps more than just the "previous" one, that I don't know. Probably made sense when it was designed (y)
Historical reasons, so that if you update to a new version and it fails, you can go back to old one. As to why it keeps more than...
The IMDb+ scraper-script and plugin combination for Moving-Pictures is the first scraper to support custom options, allowing you to...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom