myprograms - displaying files in sorted order (1 Viewer)

foobart

Portal Member
February 28, 2006
Fremont, CA USA
I've been using myprograms quite a bit to do things that are not natively supported in Mediaportal. Most of the tasks boil down to launching from a list of files using directory-browse.

But I can't figure out how to reliably control order of display of files in myprograms (in directory-browse mode for instance). I see that in the configuration there is the "views" and a button for "sort ascending" etc., but haven't figured out how these work. If there is any description of these let me know.

I'd like to list the files sorted by date of modification/creation, and have that as the default sorting order always. Since these files are created by my scripts I can even populate any fields in the file's properties when they're created.

For example, I've now stopped using "my videos" for launching DVDs on my 7 odd hard drives(can't get 1 unified list), but instead have scripts to manage and make a list of batch files, 1 per movie. The batch files are browsed and launched using myprograms. I want these files to be listed for example in order, recent ones first.

hakuna

Portal Pro
October 15, 2004
Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
/me also find the (dis-)order in My Programs not working.
There is a view called "Most started" or something, but the sorting is still alphabetical.
Also, when returning from, for example, an emulator game, the sorting is reversed, going from Z to A!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom