[Installation] - MySQL problems with Windows 7 64-bit

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1.1.0 BETA 1' started by sridharb, February 12, 2010.

1. sridharb

sridharb Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    India India
    MediaPortal Version: SVN from 02-06-2010
    Windows Version: Windows 7 64-bit

I had been using MySQL as my database for MediaPortal on my old Windows XP 32-bit system and it worked well.

I changed to a Windows 7 64-bit-based system recently and did a clean install of all the components including MySQL 5.1.43 64-bit. MediaPortal (1.1.0 beta) refuses to create the database in it (when installing the TV server). I have tried many variations on the hostname (like 127.0.0.1, localhost, 192.168.x.x, machine name), but it refuses to connect (messages like: machine name is not allowed to connect etc.). The server is listening on port 3306 and is not bound to a specific IP.

I am able to connect using the MySQL command line (mysql -u root -p localhost)

I also tried 32-bit MySQL and have the same problem.

I tried SQL Server 2008 and it works well.

Anybody else have these issues with MySQL?

Thanks,
    Sridhar

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!