MyTorrents (1 Viewer)

fcsobel

Portal Pro
December 4, 2005
My Torrents allows you to download torrents contained in rss feeds using any torrent client. Has built in support for Azureus and uTorrent. Also supports opml listings of RSS feeds. Has supprt for reading UkNova via screenscape or rss.

Since My Torrents and My PodCasts share about 90% of their code I've decided to bundle them in a single dll. This will make it easier for me to update them and for you to get the latest versions. Note the new locations below.

MediaPortal 1.0.0.0 RC1:

http://projects.c3o.com/mediaportal/1.0.0.0.RC1.zip

MediaPortal 0.2.3.0 SVN:

http://projects.c3o.com/mediaportal/0.2.3.0.svn.zip

MediaPortal 0.2.3.0:

http://projects.c3o.com/mediaportal/0.2.3.0.zip

MediaPortal 0.2.2.0:

http://projects.c3o.com/MediaPortal/0.2.2.0.zip

MediaPortal 0.2.0.0:

http://projects.c3o.com/MediaPortal/0.2.0.0.zip

This version is actually three plugins that work together. My Torrents, My Azureus and My uTorrent. The same way that My Videos works with My Trailers.

You must have the uTorrent Web UI installed and setup correctly for My uTorrent to work!

Screenshot showing List of torrents from Legaltorrents.com

mytorrents.jpg

Screenshot of NPR Audio Podcast

mytorrentsaudio.jpg

fathead

Portal Pro
March 17, 2005
I personally wouldn't like it associated within My music etc. as i don't associate torrents with Music - I don't download music for example.

My Torrents works for me as a seperate plugin, so may I suggest you keep it like that?

Is it limited to uknova or could the plugin be expanded to search multiple torrent sites e.g torrentspy etc.

Just to confirm also, will it work with Azuerus? How is the application opened - Does it open in front of MP or behind?

Have you considered anyway of developing the plugin to have the client integrated into MP? The reason I say this is because once the torrent is finished downloading, how are you to know it is finished if it is behind MP?

fcsobel

Portal Pro
December 4, 2005
Since it supports any RSS feed it can pull torrents and podcasts (audio and video) from anywhere not just uknova but you just have to find the feed. I mainly think of the Audio and Video podcasts as fitting in with My Music and My Video.

I agree it would be nice to have it all in mp but I'm not smart enough to write a torrent client or find a good torrent library...I tried for a couple weeks and gave up.

Right now it writes the small .torret file out to disk and tells the OS to handle it. As long as you have a bittorrent client installed it will start downloading. I have xbt set to dump all completed torrents into the same folder that mp looks at so my wife click on the torrent and if all goes well a while later the file appears under My Video. Having the client pop up and take focus could be a problem but xbt client works great and can be set to stay hidden.

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    First of all, many thanks for all your hard work on this and letting me test this product out. Currently, its working how it should. It downloads the torrent just fine. I am hoping in the future we can add some stats on what the file is actually doing within MP. Download speed, seeds and things like that.

It looks like you have set up a directory under my videos/my music and then go in there once the file has finished. The only problem I see with this is what if it is a .zip file or .rar file. Someone recently requested .rar support and this could be the reason why. It would be killer if you could download the file. Unrar it within MP to a directory you want and then delete the .rar files. Someday!

I know what you mean by finding a good rss feed that displays stuff that you would actually download. A lot of torrent sites have categories but they don't have individual .rss feeds for them. Maybe just adding the default site and then instead of pulling down a RSS page. Be able to search the whole site for what you are looking for. That would be killer.

Keep up the good work on this project...

fathead

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2005
    On a note about Torrentspy, it has a firefox plugin for searching the site - could this maybe used somehow in this plugin?

fcsobel

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2005

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    Can you please put the 2 files in a zip file? I am getting an error when I try to download the DLL. You might want to include a readme file to let people know where these files need to be put, and there is some configuring to do within the plugin.

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany
    i tried your plugin with you examples and it really works fine. i started to think about how i can use it and tried this:

http://www.tagesschau.de/export/video-podcast

it's the german daily news show as a video podcast. But it seems like it doesn't want to ran. Any Idea about that?

ps: i added mp4 (thats the filetype) to the my video extensions

edit: oh, i already checked myself that my windvd7 codec isn't supposed to play mp4... i try around with some other ones but i don't want to change everything just for this (-;. you know what would be great? If there would a possibilty to use an external player only for specific extensions, and the internal player for all the others...

tkortell

Portal Pro
    April 13, 2005
    Vaasa / Sulva
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi you all,

Firs I want to give a big thanks for the effort put in to this peas of software. Good work ;)

I installed this plug-in a few days ago. The firs impression was that its not quite what I expected. I was expecting to be able to search for torrent files and then watch the download progress.

Anyway, I started to use it and search for RSS feeds that could be used and after a little research I came to realise that this way of finding torrents is not a bad idea. The main problem is to find a RSS feed that will contain what I want. I found my way to www.tvtorrents.com and are trying to get my hands on their RSS feeds.

So if I get them to work all that is missing from the plug-in is the ability to tell azureus where to put the downloaded files and some kind of visualisation of the download progress.

What version of azureus should I use to get the downloads to start immediately? Are there some settings in azureus to get it to always download to the same directory and start automatically?

Keep up the good work ;)

Regards / Tomas

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom