Not open for further replies.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok i've decided to split from the previous thread on MyTrailers to introduce the new version of MyTrailers 2.0.1
    I've fixed most issues from the previous version but playback still depends on the users codec configuration for now. I'm a bit short on time at the moment so this opening post will get updated shortly with more information. I still consider the plugin to be beta but i don't expect major issues with the current version. I started with version number 2.0 to set this release apart from the "old" my trailers by Zipperzip.

Download
    Website
    Original thread

Skin packs: (2.0.2)
    • BlueTwo Wide (included)
    • Blue3 Wide (1) (copy the BlueTwo Wide skin files to the Blue3Wide directory)
    • Generic (added 03-02-2009 by Pretoriano)
    • Blue3 Wide (2) (added: 03-02-2009 by Pretoriano)
    • Aeon Wide (1) (added: 03-02-2009 by Pretoriano)
    • Xface (updated: 17-02-2009 by digitalfm)
    Old skin packs: (2.0.1)

Installation

- Unzip the archive into your MediaPortal directory.

note:
    The default skin included is BlueTwo Wide. Supported skin updates get added to the section above.
    If you are using another skin with support for previous versions of this plugin this will probably not work and those skin files need to be adjusted.

Features

- Supports default List/Thumbnail/Icon/Filmstrip views
    - Sorting by Title and Release data
    - Caching (automatic) and refresh button
    - Multiple videos/qualites per movie/game (if available).
    - Load on demand: Only get the requested information as you navigate through the list / details
    - Current providers: Apple Movie Trailers, GameTrailers.com
    - Tested on/compatible with Mediaportal RC2 and RC3

Smart List Filter (for remote users)

By using the (0-9) buttons on your remote you can filter the active list. Just press the number corresponding to the required letter to only show list items that contain the search string. You don't have to use multi-tap to get to a specific letter as the filter will account for all combinations. Back (ESC/*) will clear the current search.

Examples:

- for all titles containing "The", enter 8-4-3 on your remote
    - for all titles containing "Cool", enter 2-6-6-5 on your remote

Known issues

- Loading of details for a trailer for GameTrailers can take a long time depending on the video count.
    - GameTrailers don't have a big cover (because the site doesn't supply high res)
    - The default BlueTwo Skin is not optimal ( any good skinners in the house? ;) )

Solving (apple trailer) playback issues:

There are several codec configurations that wil support apple quicktime playback.
    Below are a couple of options:

* Quicktime + MediaLooks QuickTime Plugin
    * SAF (customized mediaportal codec pack)

Coming soon

- Download/Save trailers
    - Trailer playback with buffering (for .mov) .
    - Provider: Yahoo Trailers
    - Database support

and more ...

Bugs / Feature requests
    If you have a bug report/feature request, please use the issue list found here.

Changelog

2.0.2 (2009-02-03: Bugfix release)

- Fixed: Previous action in details not working when the list filter was active
    - Fixed: Infinite loop on bad url.
    - Fixed: Encoding sometimes not properly detected
    - Fixed: Director information is missing from Apple Trailers
    - Fixed: Apple Trailer did not show all details/videos for some trailers.

Note to skinners:
    I removed the source choice at startup. There's now a new button in the index view to switch between trailer sources .

- Fixed index/details not showing sometimes for Apple Trailers.
    - Apple Trailers: fixed studio/genre subfolders.
    - GameTrailers: fixed video not working.
    - Fixed Back button not working correctly
    - Fixed list selection on back.
    - Refactored gui and caching system
    - added refresh button
    - remove Year sort (we have release date already)
    - added more details to videos
    - added support for game trailer details
    - updated skin files for BlueTwo Wide

Attachments

• ss2.JPG
      ss2.JPG
      115.2 KB
    • ss3.JPG
      ss3.JPG
      134 KB
    • ss4.JPG
      ss4.JPG
      113.5 KB

efla

Portal Pro
    September 6, 2007
    Work great ! Thank you.

The only issue I have (perhaps not due to MyTrailers) is that when I request to launch a trailer, MP minimize itself while the movie is downloaded , and during that time the Desktop is displayed on my TV , what's not so good.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey is there an Aeon Wide skin for this, the old Aeon skin doesn't seem to work for me.. I'm getting into the plugin, just not able to play, can't find the function. Thanks...

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks armandp, nice plugin! I've found some issues.

1. I can see the caching working for GameTrailers but not Apple Trailers. At GameTrailers there's a delay before the video starts (btw it could be nice to see some sort of caching indicator) but using Apple Trailers the video starts right away causing lots of stuttering on 720p and 1080p videos.

2. When sorting by release date, opening a trailer and then going back to the list, it's reset to Sort by: Title.

3. Improvement suggestion: Remember favorite quality. If the user constantly chooses 1080p quality there's no need to still have it last in the list. Why not sort the quality list by play count? :)

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks armandp, nice plugin! I've found some issues.

1. I can see the caching working for GameTrailers but not Apple Trailers. At GameTrailers there's a delay before the video starts (btw it could be nice to see some sort of caching indicator) but using Apple Trailers the video starts right away causing lots of stuttering on 720p and 1080p videos.

The caching mentioned refers to the navigation/trailer index. What you are referring to is buffering and that's currently not implemented (it's on the todo list) for .mov files. I currently use the .WMV versions for the trailers on GameTrailers and these buffer by default in MP. If your connection can not handle HD without stuttering currently you have to press pause for a couple of seconds as a workaround.

2. When sorting by release date, opening a trailer and then going back to the list, it's reset to Sort by: Title.

3. Improvement suggestion: Remember favorite quality. If the user constantly chooses 1080p quality there's no need to still have it last in the list. Why not sort the quality list by play count? :)

Thanks, i will try to fix/enhance this is the next version (adding it to the issue list for now)

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hey is there an Aeon Wide skin for this, the old Aeon skin doesn't seem to work for me.. I'm getting into the plugin, just not able to play, can't find the function. Thanks...

I already contacted armand and he had me have a early look (don't be jealous, just a day before actual release ;)).

I'm using Aeon Wide myself so to get things working I did some skinning myself. I'm not really that good yet with skinning and the modified skin files I'm using are buggy in some way or another (the list view is the onlyone currently working like it should, the one I'm using anyways ;)). But if you don't mind that and just want at least basic functionality working correct in aeon then you could download my skin files here:
    http://josznserver.co.cc/aeon-my_trailers.rar

Edit:
    hmm server seems to be down now.. If you want 'em I'll pm them or attach them to this post when I'm back home.

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    My Trailers Aeon skin

Hi,i'm using the latest version of My Trailers plugin with the old Aeon skin i posted here:https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/plugins-47/mytrailers-42622/index27.html#post299646 and it's still working so you can give it a try.

Thanks again Armandp for this great plugin:D

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hi,i'm using the latest version of My Trailers plugin with the old Aeon skin i posted here:https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/plugins-47/mytrailers-42622/index27.html#post299646 and it's still working so you can give it a try.

There have been a lot of skin additions so you probably miss out on some new buttons and information.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom