MyTrailers no video but sound: Solution (1 Viewer)

Efros

Portal Pro
January 23, 2006
Maine
Home Country
England England
Wierd one, MyTrailers suddenly stopped displaying video but played sound ok. After various messings about I established that WMP wouldn't play the video either, all other videos played normally in MyVideos and MyTV. I sat and had a think when was the last time I had used MyTrailers and what had I done since then. BINGO! New video card and some driver shenanigans. Checked the configuration of the video card and the TV was selected as the secondary monitor, changed it to primary monitor and MyTrailers works again. The fact that all my other videos worked kinda threw me on this, for some reason streaming wmv wont display on this configuration if the TV is secondary monitor.

EvylRat

Portal Member
December 20, 2005
I think I spotted this in another forum somewhere. I found updating to Windows Media Player 10 (from 9) fixed that problem for me.

iigruntii

October 12, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Mytrailers Dual Display Clone Mirror

I have the same problem but cannot apply your fix. I have two displays a touch screen and a projector, both configured in Nvidia's Clone Mode (i.e. mirrors the two screen). This solution works for most all video in MP except for MyTrailers. The video shows up on the touchscreen which is the primary display but not on the projector which is the secondary. I can't switch the two because the touchscreen much be the primary monitor. Any help?

Sorry- did not realize this was tips and trick forum, I don't know how to move it!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom