MyTV scheduled recordings strange grouping (1 Viewer)

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MediaPortal Version: latest svn 12065 (04.12.2006 / 22:55 CET)
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue Two
    Windows Version: XP Home SP2
    CPU Type: AMD 64X2 4200+
    HDD: Samsung 200Gb
    Memory: 1Gb DDR
    Motherboard: ASUS P1-AH1
    Motherboard Chipset: nVidia MCP 51
    Motherboard Bios:
    Video Card: nVidia GeForce 6150
    Video Card Driver: 91.47
    Sound Card: Realtek high def
    Sound Card AC3: no AC3
    Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.5296
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR-1300
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-T/Analogue hybrid with mpeg hw encoder
    1. TV Card Driver: 2.5e
    2. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova T-Stick
    2. TV Card Type: DVB-T
    2. TV Card Driver: 2.5e
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Intervideo XPack 2.11.15
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: Intervideo XPack 2.11.15
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: NTL
    HTPC Case: ASUS Pundit P1
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote: MS MCE
    TV: Hyundai Q320 32" LCD
    TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

Hi I noticed that in the svn from last night something strange seems to have happened to the grouping of programs viewed in the Scheduled recordings part of MyTV. Basically if I have the sort order set to "Title" then on the right I see "folder icons" for say "Robin Hood" however if I then click on the folder I see all of the scheduled recordings for whatever channel "Robin Hood" is on not just the scheduled recordings of "Robin Hood". This is different from how things looked in previous svns. Additional note: The scheduled items that show up are all of "record everytime on this channel"

How to reproduce:
    1. Select a program (Program "A") that has more than one episode within the current guide period. Select to record it "everytime on this channel".
    2. Select another program (Program "B"), on the same channel as program "A", that also has multiple episodes within the current guide period, and again select to record "everytime on this channel"
    3. Switch to "scheduled recordings" view and have the sort order set to "Title". You should see a folder item for program "A".
    4. Select and open the folder for program "A". You should see a number of recordings "waiting" for program "A". However you will also see a number of recordings "waiting" for program "B" and possibly other recordings on the same channel. Previous versions of MP would only show recordings for program "A".

From the svn logs I can see that rtv has recently added code in this area to make it possible to see and delete "ghost" recordings, so this may be the way it is intended to work. However I'm not sure that the way things are is correct. It seems odd to me to see programs with a different name appearing in the "folder" associated with another program.

Not sure what information would be of further use. The log files do not seem to contain anything of any use. Would screen shots be of some use? How about any of my database files? Anyone else seeing the same problem?

Andy

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    I am having this too and asked yesterday in IRC if it's a bug or a feature. Unfortunately I have no reply at all. But I guess it's a bug :)

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just noticed that rtv has checked in some changes in this area (earlier today). Not had a chance to test them but they look like they will fix the problem I've been seeing. Will post when I get chance to test....

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom