MyTV sometimes just black and recordings stops too early (1 Viewer)

mfalk

Portal Pro
July 10, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
MediaPortal Version: SVN Rev13920
MediaPortal Skin: Blue Two
Windows Version: WinXP PRO SP2
CPU Type: AMD 2400+
HDD:
Memory: 1 GB
Motherboard: MSI
Motherboard Chipset: nForce2
Video Card: MSI GeForce FX5600
Video Card Driver: MSI 9131
Sound Card: Integrated
1. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR-1300
1. TV Card Type: Hybrid
1. TV Card Driver: Newest from jan 2007
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPV
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA

Hi All

MyTV is driving me crazy and WAF is low, so i really need some help. The situation is:

Often TV is just black, when i switch to Full Screen it will say No Signal. If i then change channel to one of the digital channels then they are alsways working. If i change back again to the analog channel that was just black it often works.
Sometime when i change back the sound is messed up with a very annoying load "beep" kind of sound. If i then change to another analog channel and back, then it works.

When it comes to recording, i have a lot off recording that are only around 45-50 minutes (even though they should be around 90 minutes). I dont have a current log, but i remember one i saw, that said "No signal"

I expect that the problem is that my signal strength is too low, but are there any way i can verify that? (Any hidden shortcut or anything else that can display the signal strength?)

The autotune in the setup is always finding all my channels.

BTW i love mediaportal and i think the devs are doing a great job, so if just i could make this thing work my HTPC experience would be perfect :)

mfalk

Portal Pro
July 10, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I happened again

I had set a recording to record from 2255 -> 0630. As far as i can see the log file indicates that it did record the full time, however the recorded file is only about 60 minutes.

Log files are attached.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Are you using analog or digital & do you have space left on hd?
    Try disabling EPG & test that & if you have a recording/error log attach that too...

Regards
    Roy

mfalk

Portal Pro
    July 10, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Seems to work

Hey Roy

I was recoring on the analog card, and yesterday i recorded a two hours film :)

I'll keep testing to see if this is really solved.

Thank you very much

br
    Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom