MyTV: Sync problems (1 Viewer)

MungoBBQ

Portal Member
January 21, 2005
Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (2005-09-01)
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 1.1.4322
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: InterVideo Audio Decoder
Video Codec: InterVideo Video Decoder
CPU Type: Intel Celeron - 2.80GHz
Memory: 446 MB
Motherboard: FT62 (Shuttle Inc)
TV Card Model: Hauppauge PVR500MCE (b)
TV Card Type: Hardware
TV Card Driver: -
Video Card Model: Radeon 9100 Igp (64 MB)
Video Card Driver: -
Video Card Resolution: 720x576
Video Render Type: VMR9
Audio Card Model: Realtek AC'97 Audio
Audio Card Driver: -
Synopsis::

Hi everybody. I've got severe sync problems using My TV. I can't get audio and video to sync. It usually starts fine, but after 3-5 minutes the audio is way out of sync, and it gets worse the longer i let it run.

I've tried all the various codecs and methods available. I seem to be able to get sync if I use Overlay instead of Renderless VMR9, but then I can't see any OSD or other information, like when I'm fast forwarding?

Does anobody have an idea on what could be wrong with my setup?

I've previously run MP (same version) on a much slower PC (1.13 GHz P3) and I never had these problems there, which leads me to believe that this has something to do with codec versions or possibly drivers for graphics or audio hardware?

I'd be very grateful for any help on this issue!

/Mans

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as a dedicated opto-electronic calibrator but it's more than adequate for this application and much better than trying to do things by eye (even when the lack of sync is massively obvious, subjective...
Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as...
Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as...
Replies
Views
Sorry for the late response. In my experience, the EPG grabbing of a single transponder takes 2 to 3 minutes. Afterwards it takes 1 to 2 minutes to write the data to disk. To speed up the EPG stuff (not only writing but also reading the EPG guide in MediaPortal), I changed the program table (and only that table) from InnoDB to...
Sorry for the late response. In my experience, the EPG grabbing of a single transponder takes 2 to 3 minutes. Afterwards it takes...
I get a few "Continuity error..." after the EPG scan finished: [2021-01-30 18:56:10,278] [4c45530] [18c8] - mhw reset [2021-01-30...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm quite new to this forum so please excuse me if I'm short on my understanding on how this works, I've been trying to find a solution for a couple of days but I've been yet unsuccessful. I'm trying to use an old HP Touchsmart (iq500) as a TV screen to live stream my PS2, as I haven't got enough room/money for a new TV. The...
Hi, I'm quite new to this forum so please excuse me if I'm short on my understanding on how this works, I've been trying to find a...
Hi, I'm quite new to this forum so please excuse me if I'm short on my understanding on how this works, I've been trying to find a...
Replies
Views
Who know this dotMemory: a Memory Profiler & Unit-Testing Framework for .NET by JetBrains or In-depth .NET Memory Profiling - .NET Memory Profiler or .NET Memory Profiler By Redgate | ANTS Memory Profiler help or not?
Who know this dotMemory: a Memory Profiler & Unit-Testing Framework for .NET by JetBrains or In-depth .NET Memory Profiling - .NET...
Hello everyone. I have this "little" problem. MediaPortal, when fully booted and finished checking folders with videos, occupies...
Replies
Views
Hi :) The patch did apply on the current version, maybe you can do the rework and then if all is working we can include it in the next MP version? Can you post also the change done for MP config? Edit : Ok hardcoded value :)
Hi :) The patch did apply on the current version, maybe you can do the rework and then if all is working we can include it in the...
Hi all. since few versions Im experiencing audio syn problems using LAV. I used to have LAV audio sync settings set around 190ms...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom