MyTvSeries questions...specifically how to add new shows (1 Viewer)

chumblespuzz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 18, 2009
    In Hell (I'm Married!)
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Ok, I know this should be simple but I cannot figure it out.

All of my shows are loaded and working fine.
    What do I do if I want to add new shows?

The only way I can see to do it is in the 'import' tab and click the start import button.
    But doing this redoes everything...which translates to 30 minutes of unnecessary time.
    How do I get it to just add 'new' episodes?

Is there a way to make 'manual' changes in the details tab?...changes to things like the file being used?
    For some reason this plugin seems to have a problem with episodes with numbers in the title...ex 0501 - the summer of 1938. It would take this and make it it's own show unless I renamed my file from 1938 to nineteen thirty eight.
    Now this is one of the new episodes I need to add.
    It would have been simple if I could have gone to the details tab and simply taken the misnamed file and moved it from its 'made up series' to the proper tv series. But I could find no way to do this.

Also, what is the deal with Simpsons season 20....it does not pass the parsing test although the season is listed in my details page under the series it will not recognize them on the import tab.

I am using the latest version 2.2.3389

:D

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    First you can check here and make sure your show is named the same as it is here

Online TV Database - An open directory of television shows for HTPC software

And if you click import on the config it shouldnt add the shows again or redo them if there already there, it will just check for updates in the posters and other pics.

For your example try to change the season and episode to s05e01 and it should pick up that first. I think it is trying to use 1938 as s19e38.

And also if the series is named right you dont have to run import at all as soon as the shows are added to the directory it will see them and search for them and dl all the info fo them while MP is open.

chumblespuzz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 18, 2009
    In Hell (I'm Married!)
    Home Country
    First you can check here and make sure your show is named the same as it is here

Online TV Database - An open directory of television shows for HTPC software

And if you click import on the config it shouldnt add the shows again or redo them if there already there, it will just check for updates in the posters and other pics.

For your example try to change the season and episode to s05e01 and it should pick up that first. I think it is trying to use 1938 as s19e38.

And also if the series is named right you dont have to run import at all as soon as the shows are added to the directory it will see them and search for them and dl all the info fo them while MP is open.

Yeah, I checked the database...been doing so for all my eps. It is named using the numbers 1938. One of the reasons I was confused about why it did not get it right.

I'll check the import thing again...maybe it was just doing what you said.

Didn't know that last part either....that makes things even simpler. I will find out soon enough as I am about to add an entire series of about 200 eps. I'll see it if finds them.

....any info on the Simpsons problem? I know I saw something about this a while back but got away from finishing my HTPC for a few months...I'll have to search again.
    But, is there not a way for me to do this manually if I had to?

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country

chumblespuzz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 18, 2009
    In Hell (I'm Married!)
    Home Country
    ....any info on the Simpsons problem? I know I saw something about this a while back but got away from finishing my HTPC for a few months...I'll have to search again.
    But, is there not a way for me to do this manually if I had to?

A simple search for simpsons finds it

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/my-tvseries-162/simpsons-season-20-not-showing-52322/

I remember reading that thread when I first started to set up MP. Boiler's solution at the end did not work for me. I can try it again since I have a newer version of the plug in now....maybe that will help.

Undel, on the other hand, mentions 'manually importing' the episodes...if I cannot get it to work I will resort to this.
    I probably would have already but for some reason I did not notice the manual import button (WHICH I HAVE USED BEFORE!!!!) I think I have been working on the project to late and night...as well as to many projects going on at once!!!

Thanks for the help.

Oh yeah, on another note.
    I get this message when trying to play a series I have

'A decoder for the new track coud not be found
    Track type: srt/utf-8'

I click ok and the ep plays fine. I checked the files with MediaInfo and this is a file text stream. Is this some form of sub-titles or something. Whatever it is I don't think I need it. How can I stop MP from looking for or giving me this popup?

chumblespuzz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 18, 2009
    In Hell (I'm Married!)
    Home Country
    My simpson issue is solved.
    I generally name my eps 0101 - title

I change the season 20 to 20x01 - title
    now it works fine despite 'Boilers' claim in the Simpson thread that this did not work for him...perhaps because I am using a newer version of MP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom