myVideo.xml (1 Viewer)

MageMinds

Portal Pro
January 29, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi,

I wanted to have a wider myVideo.xml for a long time, since I began using this skin, I love this skin really much, but using 10% of the screen to show myVideo content was not sufficient for me... When I'm in this list I consider myself using the backdoor of my media center, so I don'T care about fanart and backdrop, all I want is see almost everything.

I've managed to do that so far!

myvideo.png

But as you can see there the date is not at the right place and I can't find where this is generated.

The file common.facade.video.xml does not handle the content of the list, so when I choose to sort by name the filesize is in the way.

Also I found that the list can't hold a lot a characters, if I make the list too wide and too long and I have a lot of file with long filename the end of the list begin to loose characters, but I can still clearly see the date column and I can even start the video in question. I solved the problem by removing some vertical space and some horizontal space also.

I'm using MP 1.1 RC 4 if that change something.

Please help me I would really like to put the right column at the right place. I would really like to see an option in future release of the skin to choose between two kind of myVideo.xml layout, the cute one and the efficient one. My guest would be that most ppl are like me, they usually use MP-TVSeries and MovingPictures, but sometimes, you have videos that doesn't fall in either category and you get them from the myVideo.

MageMinds

MageMinds

Portal Pro
January 29, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
I just implemented that solution and it works, I've changed the 1000 setting for 1400 to actually make it off screen of this skin! Now this skin is perfect... One problem that doesn't bother me, is that when I have something playing in the upper left overlay, it prevent me from seeing the top part of the list, but as I said earlier, this is the backdoor to my files, those files that MP-TVSeries is never happy about, can't find anything about them. To solve the problem I could easily change the file again to find the right spot, but I'd loose some valuable line length... Some title are still scrolling...

Best skin ever! MediaPortal rocks! MP-TVSeries makes my friends jealous and finally MovingPicture is just plain brilliant!

Thanks everyone for all your good work, if someone would like to see my change, just drop a line in this thread...

MageMinds

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom