[no Bug] MyVideos always defaults to "list view" when MP is first launched? (1 Viewer)

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MediaPortal Version: 1.2b and above
    MediaPortal Skin: All
    Windows Version: WIndows 7

Hi guys,

Sorry for posting another MyVideos related (minor) issue.

As per the thread title, when launching Videos in either Share or Title view it will always default to list view after opening MP. The last view selected is remembered while MP remains open i.e. change to coverflow, exit videos then re-enter videos and cloverflow is still selected. However, if you close MP and then re-open the view will go back to "list".

I think this means that the "default layout" option in the MP configuration isn't working for folders. However, I don't know what this means for "Title View"?

I don't know if this is already on the radar but as I haven't seen it, I thought I'd mention it. Hope nobody minds.

All the best,

Wo0zy

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    re: MyVideos always defaults to "list view" when MP is first launched?

In share view I don't have problems with last layout, DB views (title, genre, years) follows selected layout in video views configuration as default after restart. Dunno if this is intended behavior for database views.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    re: MyVideos always defaults to "list view" when MP is first launched?

This is by design. Shares view will remember layout setting per folder and this will be persistent across sessions.
    Database views however have a layout defined within them. When opening up MP these default layouts will always be used.

I guess this could be changed to update the view definition but this would be a new feature rather than a bug. I think that as the layout is defined within config that this is the layout that should be used by default

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi Guys,

You're quite right. God knows what I was thinking! My only excuse is that it was getting late and I'd had a long day. Really sorry about that :oops:

Thanks as always for the responses :D

All the best,

Wo0zy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom