MyWeather Update (1 Viewer)

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi all, I've just seen that MyWeather has stopped working, according to this in the SVN-Changelog there have neen API changes.

Revision: 19053
    Author: rtv_sf
    Date: 00:57:05, 07 May 2008
    fix for mantis #1305 (Weather plugin does no longer work due to an API update at weather.com)
    fixed NullReferenceException due to non-checking code iterating skin controls -> overlapping IDs.
    Weather.com now supports 5 day forecasts,
    Updated skins and language files to add another day,
    Bumped skin version to 0.9.2 - skin authors need to update their references and myweather.xml (and should check 1.0 compatibility in general)!
    What I've done is recompiled the WindowPlugins.dll and made a little package containing the updated dll, updated language files and updated skin files for B2,B2W,Indigo and Monochrome. Just copy the folders into your MP directory and MyWeather will work again :D

I must say that I take no responsibility if your MP install dies ;)

Attachments

• Indigo.jpg
      Indigo.jpg
      115.3 KB
    • Monochrome.jpg
      Monochrome.jpg
      111.6 KB
    • MyWeather Update.rar
      30.6 KB

marioleo

Portal Member
    February 5, 2008
    Near Brussels
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Not working for any version

Hi,

just followed your instructions and unfortunately MP does not work anymore. Message is that the current Windowsplugin.dll is not compatible with my MP version.

So, my post is not to cry or blame but just maybe to draw attention that it is not clear that this update would not be useable for anyone.So, be careful !

It would be nice to explain to newbies (like me) from which version of MP this update should work

thks

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Killed my install also, win xp pro sp3, MP 2.3 stable w/ TV server (Make a backup) before using

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Psycho Reptile,

first of all a BIG :D for your efforts. I downloaded it an adapted the screen for my skins. Works fine, only the sunrise data are displayed in the date/time area - but I think that´ll be fixed with the next SVN (Friday?)

Greetings from Glashütten!

Just found out that there´s a conflict with the IDs in myweather.xml and common.time.xml (both have 200 and 201).

I changed my IDs in common.time.xml to 300 and 301 - now it´s functioning correctly.

Maybe you change it in Indigo as well?

jamiro

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Stable Release Fix

Hi there

Will there be a fix for the weather for those of us using the stable release? I tried your files and got the same result as marioleo. Will I be forced to install Release Candidate V1.0.0.0 RC1 and an SVN in order to get the weather working?

This is such a handy little plugin and I am missing its functionality already :(

Thanks

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This fix is for RC1 only, as are my skins. If you guys want to use 0.2.3.0 hopefully a dev can help out because I don't have the files to compile a new version of the dll.

marioleo

Portal Member
    February 5, 2008
    Near Brussels
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    This fix is for RC1 only, as are my skins. If you guys want to use 0.2.3.0 hopefully a dev can help out because I don't have the files to compile a new version of the dll.

Thanks for clarifying the purpose of this new update.

I just reinstalled the previous files and this is working again (w/o weather of course), so no big problem for me.

Efros

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2006
    Maine
    Home Country
    England England
    Worked here too, seem to get 5 days forecast, I thought it was only four that was shown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom