%name% in filename doesn't work (1 Viewer)

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I've been using MP for quite a while, just installed 1.0 and find the filenaming isn't working quite right. When I setup the Series using %name% their 'screen' demonstrates an episode name. When I do the same under Movie it states 'unknown' which interprets your selection verbatum and places "%name%" in the filename! I'm saving as .mpg and oddly enough, programs which USED TO BE known as a Series are now showing up as a Movie!

I don't know if this is an issue with TV Server, Schedules Direct (I'm in the USA), MySQL 5, or the MP program. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Also, I used to could figure out some of the database stuff via the SQLlite distributed with MP, now I'm at a loss w/MySQL 5...

Also I'm again having issue with inability to create TV Show thumbnails.

I'd been running 0.2.3.0 for a while now and finally bit the bullet... wanted MyWeather to work again :)

Thanks!

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Additionally I've found issues with MP 1.0 that were not problems under 0.2.3.0 --

1) Playing a .mpg TV show from inside MyTV does NOT track your stopping point -- replaying the show starts at the beginning
    1a) Playing a .mpg TV show from inside MyVideo does track your stopping point -- replaying the show queries you if you want to start at the last time

2) Playing a .ms-dvr TV show from inside MyVideo does NOT display real-time vider at 2x, 4x, 8x... but does move the time pointer

3) The conflict manager doesn't seem to work
    4) There is NO TV Priorities manager/assignment method

OK... I looked back at what 0.2.3.0 did in the database, and although there was no field for Movie or Series, MP may have determined that in the absence of an EpisodeName the program is a Movie. All the programs with an enrty for EpisodeName generate filenames using the Series convention.

How can I tell whether the MySQL 5 database is getting properly populated?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom