Naming Battlestar Galactica specials and miniseries (1 Viewer)

kissaragi

Portal Member
November 14, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi, im just about finished ripping Battlestar Galactica to my HTPC but i cant get the miniseries or the specials to show up in my tv series. What file names should i be giving them?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Whatever thetvdb.com uses, just match that.

Unfortunatly they seem down (again), so please wait till they are back, otherwise MP-TVSeries isn't able to do anything, except fall back on raw parsing, which you can notice when shows are added in lower case letters.

kissaragi

Portal Member
    November 14, 2009
    Home Country
    I did try tvdb and noticed it was down. Ill take a look when its back up. Thanks

graham.reeds

Portal Member
    October 7, 2007
    Home Country
    According to thetvdb the specials are named 'special'.

Not particularly helpful when trying to get them into the correct order.

My suggestion is to simply continue the episode numbers on from the previous season, and for the mid-season specials use the number before the episode you want to show them and have a, b, c appended to the episode.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Any reference on thetvdb.com on 'specials' means you need to use 'S0' in your filename.

To find the episode number, you have to 'click' on the specials to get this information.

So "Battlestar Gallactica (2003) S0E01 - The Miniseries (Part 1).avi" and "Battlestar Gallactica (2003) S0E02 - The Miniseries (Part 2).avi"

But it is "Battlestar Gallactica (2003) S0E08 - The Lowdown.avi", because Battlestar Galactica (2003): The Lowdown reveals it is numbered episode 8, eventhough it is placed in 3rd order on Aired.

yastarabe

Portal Member
    April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Not particularly helpful when trying to get them into the correct order.

Just try to rename the specials in the right way (0x01, 0x02, etc) and you will see how, in mediaportal, a new folder named "specials" appears with the special episodes inside, and the same episodes also appears on their correct positions inside the seasons folders; the special episodes appears two times on your collection.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    the special episodes appears two times on your collection.

You can control this with an MP-TVSeries setting. Mine only show under Specials.

RoChess, in Configuration->General, look for a setting 'Sort Specials in Episode List'.

If this is enabled then specials will be listed in both the specials season and in its correct order in normal seasons.

polarie

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2006
    Hasloh (near Hamburg)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Naming Battlestar Galactica specials and miniseries

hmmmmm maybe someone can help me ...

i got the BSG-Pilot on my HDD - it is a DVD-format ... :-(

how can i integrate that?
    by renaming the folder / sub-folder (video_ts) didn't brought any succes .. :-(
    and i don't wanna demux it with AGK couse i am too
    stupid to bring the VOB's to a good AVI-file in real good quality :-(

thx

Users who are viewing this thread