Naming Files Containing 2 Episodes (e.g. Part 1, Part 2) (1 Viewer)

DGalt

Portal Pro
November 23, 2010
I've read the FAQ but I'm still not clear about this.

A number of shows have it set up where 2 part episodes are contained within the same file.

For example, Seinfeld season 4 episodes 3 and 4 are within the same file. Now, the way I currently have it named is:

Seinfeld - 4x03-4x04

MPTV Series recognizes the file as containing episode 3 and 4 for season 4, but not in the way I'd expect it to. Basically, it separates them into 2 separate "episodes" that both point to the same file. (what I mean is, if I play either episode 3 or episode 4, the same file plays starting at the beginning of episode 3)

Is there any way to have MPTV Series to list the episodes together (e.g. Episodes 3-4) rather than separately (i.e. Episode 3, Episode 4)? I wouldn't expect there to be a way for it "know" when one episode ends and the other starts, but I would think there would be a way to just list them together as really one episode that takes the place of episode 3 and 4 (in this example anyway).

Hope I'm being clear :)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Sorry, currently no option to do this. I typically look at the runtime in the GUI (if the skin provides it) to identify a double episode.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Another thing to keep in mind is that 99% of the users will watch their shows in order, so if you watched episode 1 and 2 and start episode 3, you won't really notice any difference. Once playback is finished episode 4 is marked as watched as well and you would continue into episode 5.

Locating that specific scene you watched a long time ago is a little bit more complex then, but there are many ways with MediaPortal to quickly jump to a certain point inside your media. My own favorite is the big-step forward, which I use the up-arrow for on my remote. A few short clicks and I can skip to the end very fast, be it on a half hour TV show, or a 4 hour movie (due to % based skip setting).

DGalt

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2010
    The only thing that kind of annoys me is the way it's displayed...I don't need or want the episodes to be separated. It would just be nice if I didn't have 2 episodes in there that both play the same file. But the only option I seem to have is to remove episode 4 (or 3) completely, which looks weird when you have them all listed out, or leave it as is with 2 episodes both playing the same file.

Not a huge deal, but would be nice if you could have 1 episode that is listed as both Episodes 3 and 4

c'est la vie

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom