Navigation within 'My Video' & 'My Music' (1 Viewer)

malachy

September 2, 2005
Orange County, CA
Area: My Video & My Music / Media Portal Skin (Project X, BlueTwo, maybe others)
Windows Version: Windows XP Pro SP2
CPU Type: Athlon XP 2500+
Memory: 2x 512 MB DDR400
Motherboard Chipset: nForce2
Video Card: nVidia GeForce FX5200
Video Card Driver: 78.01
Video Render Type: VMR9 Renderless
Video Codec Type & Version: N/A
Audio Codec Type & Version: N/A
TV Card: N/A
TV Card Type: N/A
TV Card Driver: N/A
Satelite/CableTV Provider: N/A

error description:

There are problems with the way navigation is handled within the 'My Video' and 'My Music' modules. I don't know what the individual areas of each module are called, so I will refer to them thus, in the Project X skin: upper-left is the 'module navigation pane', lower-left is the 'media control,' lower-right is the 'list page control,' right is the 'media list,' and upper-right is the 'Media Portal program control' (if it is active).

Moving the cursor between the various control areas is not handled consistently. I can move right from the module navigation pane to the media list, and I can move left from the media list to the module nagivation pane.

When I move right from the right-most entry in the media list, the list page control receives focus, but the only way to exit the list page control is to move left, which takes me to the media control (which is not visible in BlueTwo, so focus seems to disappear entirely). Also, one of the page buttons in the page control area remains highlighted despite focus moving to a different control area.

Moving up from the media control causes focus to move to the Media Portal program control. Moving down from the program control area returns to whichever area had focus before focus was transfered to the program control. In this chain of movments, focus returns to the media control. Moving down from the 'stop' button in the media control area changes focus to the module navigation pane.

This is true of both the Project X and BlueTwo skins, and in both the My Video and My Music modules.

Funky

Portal Pro
March 8, 2005
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Windows Version: Win XP SP2
CPU Type: AMD Sempron 2800+ 2GHz
Memory: 1 GB Samsung DDR
Motherboard: Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe
Motherboard Chipset: Nvidia Nforce 2
Motherboard Bios: Phoenix Tech Ltd, Rev 1013