Need a little help with Last.FM Plugin... (1 Viewer)

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello everyone,

I have been using media portal watch movies and TV shows, but am now turning to listening to music from the internet. While there are a lot of ways to do it (Last.FM, Pandora, iTunes, etc.) since the Last.FM plug in is already in media portal I set it up and got an account with Last.FM.

My problem is that I always have to enter in a tag to start a radio station. Is there a way to have it remember a list of tags that I have?

I have to admit that Last.FM is a little confusing to me. Pandora is a little more straight forward. I don't have anyone who is really "my friend" on Last.FM and don't really care what other people are listening to. What I want is to select a genera or artist of music (Chill, lounge, acid Jazz, Country, Top 40, etc.) and then just let the music start to flow. I'm not looking to pick specific songs and then let the world know what I think is cool.

Is Last.FM the place I should be at or would another plugin for a different internet radio service be better?

Thanks
    Steve

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    You can start by creating your own library of artists and music catagories at last.FM. Then refresh your config in audioscrobbler. The best things about the Last.FM plugin in MP is that the ads don't play, unlike the Pandora plug-in... and selecting or changing your artist/music preference is so much easier. I have both, my artist and catagory, lists filled with all my favs. And the option to change/start the next selection is a snap. The plug-in will add your playing music to your library at last.FM for you (if you have that selected in config)

Chuck

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom