Codecs Need advice about Reclock/MAR (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I'm setting up an XP based HTPC for my brother, that will run at 720x480(or maybe 576)@50i on an old CRT TV.

I'm a bit confused by the various options such as Reclock, Mediaportal Audio Renderer, etc. Which would work best on this PC?
EDIT: I seems that MAR only works with EVR so isn't an option under XP, so probably reclock is the only option.

I imagine the main issue it will be dealing with is speeding up 23.976 FPS material to 25 FPS.

There's also the "PAL slowdown" issue as described here PAL Speedup - SlySoft Forum which I don't really understand. Well, I understand that some material was shot at 24 FPS and has been sped up to 25 FPS and so is the wrong pitch. What I don't understand is how anything can auto-detect this or pitch it down again whilst keeping the audio and video in sync (unless it slows down the video as well).
EDIT: It seems this PAL Slowdown is only for if you have a 24hz compatible TV, so I'll forget about that. Still don't understand how reclock can know whether the movie/DVD has been sped up from 24->25 FPS in the first place though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom