Need cheap PCI card with Tos-Link (1 Viewer)

Tesla

Portal Pro
January 30, 2009
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Since the Chaintech AV-710 (VIA Envy24) is not made any more, what inexpensive PCI card do you guys recommend for adding Tos-Link (Optical SPDIF) to older PCs?

henning

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2008
    Ingolstadt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For me the Asus Xonar DS does a great job. It is not the cheapest, but very good. In addition it offers realtime 5.1 dts encoding of whatever incoming source. This is nice if your amp doesn't have PrologicII or dts.neo features.

Regs

henning

Tesla

Portal Pro
    January 30, 2009
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I bought one of these a while back for $10, but just got around to actually installing it in a build (Pentium-4 MP client). Works fine.

Almost exactly like the old inexpensive ChainTech card. Windows Update has a driver for it, but use the enhanced Envy24 drivers for better control over optical SPDIF.

PPA 1431v 6-Channels 16-bit PCI Interface Sound Card

PCI Sound Card 6 Channel

Newegg.com - PPA 1431v 6 Channels 16-bit PCI Interface Sound Card

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I transferred the CECRemote x86/x64 versions to the Archive, and made a new version of CECRemote for AnyCPU, and added a repository to MPE. https://github.com/andrewjswan/CECRemote/releases
    I transferred the CECRemote x86/x64 versions to the Archive, and made a new version of CECRemote for AnyCPU, and added a repository...
    I have decided to rework this post, becouse is no longer relevant. The SharpDX version is already included in MediaPortal since...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4 Some ideas and questions? DE
    Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes, there will be many things. Main reason is simply, that MP2 is not developed based on MP1. I for example never used MP1. I tried it lately to test voice control and was shocked about many inconsistancies in...
    Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes...
    It´s been a while... :) Well, simply the reason is cause MP1 was working so well... :) Now I decided to upgrade my old servers and...
    Replies
    Views
    Previous posts not related to this thread have been moved here
    Previous posts not related to this thread have been moved here
    While we are chatting, now get mad, you know that I said I would refactor the database to get rid of any redundancies. I've done...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks MM for your help. Last I said I was getting channels but the tuner wasn't tuning any channels. Went through your setup wiki once more and now I have TV again! Thanks again...on to fine tune it now.
    Thanks MM for your help. Last I said I was getting channels but the tuner wasn't tuning any channels. Went through your setup wiki...
    Been using WMC since 2013 using Hauppage DCR-2650 with cable card and Verizon FIOS. Now that MS pulled the plug on EPG data, I...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Migrating from WMC DE
    Hi. Network tuners can be shared even on the same PC (done it often while testing different software, I'm using SAT>IP tuner that are similar to hdhomerun tuner but for European DVB). But you can not use them on both systems at the same time ofc.. Means if WMC is using a tuner (e,g, for a scheduled recording) MP can't use the same...
    Hi. Network tuners can be shared even on the same PC (done it often while testing different software, I'm using SAT>IP tuner that...
    I have been running Windows Media Centre happily for years on Win 7 Pro, more recently with EPG123 as an intermediary providing...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom