Need Help Finding Backdrop/Fanart Directories (1 Viewer)

dmumaw

Portal Member
January 7, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I would like to be able to change the home screen backdrops for each of my headings (ex My Movies, My Pictures, etc.) as well as manually add some fanart to my music collection. In each instance I would like to use my own images, although, I cannot find the folder(s) that MediaPortal is referencing to place my images in so that I can select them in the MediaPortal configuration as defaults. I have searched the forum and found some reference to an "animations" folder that MediaPortal uses, but even if this is the folder I am looking for, it is a subfolder of another folder I cannot locate on my hard drive. Could anyone tell me how I can use my images within MediaPortal, specifically as home screen backdrops and music fanart? Thank you!

druid9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 31, 2006
    Homescreen backdrops are here (in XP) C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP\Media\Animations

Music Artist fanart is here in XP C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Music

In Vista and Win7 I think it is c:\programdata\\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP\Media\Animations, and c:\programdata\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Music

Hope this helps

dmumaw

Portal Member
    January 7, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thank you for the response. My trouble was that I could not find the Application Data folder from the C: drive, but I did figure it out another way!

For anyone else who is having trouble finding the Application Data folder try this (Windows 7). Start Menu>All Programs>Team MediaPortal>MediaPortal>User Files which will bring up a window. In that window chose Skin>StreamedMP>Animations. From there you can choose which folder you would like to add photos to in order to be able to select them in the StreamedMP Basic Home editor. There may be others ways that take less effort but this one worked for me!

Jocker_Boy

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Lisbon
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    There is another simple way and very fast.
    Go to -> StreamedMP Menu Editor -> About

And then, below is "editing" -> "Skin Path" and there you go, inside of that folder there is "animation" folder

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom