Need help picking remote (1 Viewer)

pmwolf

Portal Pro
July 30, 2010
Hi all

I have finally decided to get a remote for my MP set up.
For background I am using Windows 7 64 bit premium as my OS.

I am looking for a remote that comes with an IR receiver

This is what I have found so far
Microsoft certified Media Center remote control kit from Hauppauge
Hauppauge Computer Works Online Store- Hardware

Noah Company MediaGate GP-IR02BK
Amazon.com: Noah Company MediaGate GP-IR02BK Windows Vista Home Premium and Windows Vista Ultimate MCE Remote Control, 2 Channel IR (Black): Electronics

Rosewill Windows Vista Certified Media center Infrared Remote Control RRC-126
Newegg.com - Rosewill Windows Vista Certified Media center Infrared Remote Control RRC-126

Any help would be great

Thanks all

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Regarding remote, I recommend the OrigenÆ (OrigenAE), as it is a standard MCe remote with learning capabilities. Sadly this is not sold with a reciever, though....

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I had the standard MCE at first (with receiver) but it didnt work well. SO I bought a logitech harmony remote and let it act as an MCE remote. It (this version) came without a receiver, but if you buy a standard MCE remote with receiver (which is cheap), you can use the logitech remote as a MCE remote with the MS receiver. Besides the MCE / MP functions, you could use it for your TV and receiver as well. I use one remote for MP, TV and Receiver. also actions / macro's are programmable. (like: on press button MEDIACENTER: SET TV to channel xxx, set receiver to input channel yyy and the remote should work as MCE.) Even my girlfriend uses it... its idiot proof when configured correctly.
    Logitech harmony offers a wide range of remotes with a lot of functionallity.. Service is great as well. If you have unknown devices, they can add support for it quickly.

Anyway, I dont work for logitech or something :) ghehehe.. Happy user here.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I have a Harmony as well, but imo, it is not precise enough (in lack of a better term), so I ditches it.

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The Hauppauge remote you posted works right out of the box with MP I use 4 of them in my house and love them.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    After reading user comments about the other remotes, I would opt for the hauppauge as well, why people are complaing about the other make receivers causing input delay is unknown, but can see it being a complete frustration for any end user :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom