Need Help Setting Up TV (1 Viewer)

gr0undzer0

July 21, 2008
Just letting you guys know, I am the typical male that never asks for directions/help. I have tried to find useful material on setting this up, but have been unsuccessful thus far. I will do my best to describe my current setup and what I am trying to accomplish.

What I built:

2.6 GHZ Core 2 Duo Processor
2 GB RAM
GeForce 8700 (HDCP ready)
AverMedia AVerTV Combo PCI-E tuner card
HTO Striker 7.1 Sound Card

What I Want to Do:

I built this HTPC with my current setup in mind. I have a 46" Samsung Plasma (about 2 y/o) with a 7.1 surround sound system. I currently have all of my components routed through my stereo system, using component cable (G,B,R) and S/PDIF. My idea was to build this machine to allow for playing HD, 1080p .MKV videos (which works wonderfully) and bypass the need for an expensive blu-ray player. I also would like to route my TV through the media center, which would greatly help my wife with using our system (right now she is clueless).

My Problem:

I have looked online for an answer but cannot find one. I tried to run my coax cable directly to my tuner card, thinking that it would pick up the signal and be able to go from there. However, when I scan for the channels all I get is static. If someone could guide me in the correct direction, I would be extremely grateful.

John

traker

Portal Member
December 20, 2008
San Antonio,Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi, I have the same tv card and have been trying to get help also. I don't think there are many mp users playing with this card. I have been able to get the analog side of the card working with cable and ant input. MP sees the analog tuner no problem. It does not see the ATSC tuner on my system, but I'm 64 bit Vista. I'm going to try it on a 32 bit XP system later this week, what are you running on? Is your system seeing both tuners? Maybe we can help each other, but you are right, there is very little info availiable(or support for that matter), I have been emailing the manufacturer for help, but no reply! I'm begining to think this card is junk and may move on to another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom