Need help viewing my videos on tv (1 Viewer)

johnnyspot

Portal Member
January 3, 2011
I have a Sony Bravia tv. Computer os is XP. On my tv, I can find my computer listed and view my computer photo files but not my videos. Have Windows Media Player 11. Any ideas?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi there and welcome :)

Not sure what you already done, so please a bit more information.

Did you install MediaPortal?
    Then open MP Configuration and add video directories (shares) under the video section?

johnnyspot

Portal Member
    January 3, 2011
    MediaPortal is installed. I'm not sure what you mean by "video directories share" Mine is not labeled like that. It does show my videos, and I have videos in different format, but on my tv it says no videos in this file.

johnnyspot

Portal Member
    January 3, 2011
    Let me start over. I don't know anything about MediaPortal. I read it might help me with my problem. I'm running Windows XP. I'm setting up my new Sony Bravia tv. I want to watch the videos I have on my computer, on my tv. I have a wireless router. I have checked the "share to network" box in the computer folder. I can view my computer photos on the tv but not my videos. I have various formats. (mov,mp4,mpeg trying to find something that would work) Norton was temp. uninstalled in case of a firewall issue. No help. Norton reinstalled. MP Config shows a check by my videos. Still I cant watch my videos on my tv. I can watch others youtube videos. But not my youtube videos. Any ideas?

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Do you mean you want to watch video files from the network using your TV video-play capabilities?

johnnyspot

Portal Member
    January 3, 2011
    I think so. I want to view the video files that are on my computer. I want to watch them on my tv. Simple right?

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

Is your computer connected to your TV via a hdmi/dvi/vga cable?

If not, then Mediaportal is of no use to you. :(

For Mediaportal to work, your PC has to be connected locally to your TV via one of the above type cables (and not via a network cable)

Thanks,

J.

Users who are viewing this thread