Need Help with Hauppauge 2250 and MP (1 Viewer)

osxfreak

Portal Member
February 26, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I've just installed the Hauppauge 2250 and have some Newbie questions.

I've taken a splitter and placed it before my cable box and have one lead going to Digital Comcast Cable Box and second cable going to the TVport on the new card.

I then read on Forums, where it's best to make a Group so I made 2 Hybrid Groups.
Each with:

Hauppauge WinTV-7164 BDA ATSC/QAM Tuner
and
Hauppauge WinTV-7164 Analog TV Tuner

I have these set as Hybrid1 and Hybrid2.

I then went to the first Hauppauge WinTV-7164 BDA ATSC/QAM Tuner and checked off the "Tune QAM instead of ATSC and selected QAM HRC +3 then I hit Scan for Channels. It came back after scanning 135 physical channels and returned 14 New and 0 updated.
I then ran it for Analog set to Cable and resulted in none.

So my question is... Is this normal? I was expecting to get All my basic Cable channels, and some local HD Channels for ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX and WGN. I take it that it does not work that way when grabbing from Cable?

Any info on the best way to grab as many channels as possible would be apperciated. Also if anyone has knows what Comcast uses as far as QAM settings? HRC, HRC+3, IRC, Standard, Stan Alternative I'd apperciate it

Chip

x4mer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    The analog scan should have picked up all your analog cable channels.

Are you running 1.0 final, or an SVN release?

If running an SVN, all releases since 1.0 have had an installer issue that leaves the TV server unable to find the mpgmux file. Open a DOS prompt & go to the client directory on the server PC. type regsvr32 pdmpgmux.ax. It should come back saying that the registration succeeded. Try analog scan again. Does it work now?

I'd try standard for the QAM scanning.

osxfreak

Portal Member
    February 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Ok I rescanned and the Analog did pick the channels up. I had to change the setting to High Sensitivity and all was fine. I'm now able to see the channels in the MP program and can flip between them.

Thanks, Now back to work on the QAM and see what I can come up with.

Then the task of using schedule's direct

Thanks once again,

Chip

ps I'm using MP 1.0.0.0 not sure what the others are this was the one I found and downloaded off the site.

zryder

Portal Member
    March 27, 2009
    what drivers for your tuner card are you using?
    I have the same card, running win7 and when i start the tv server for setup it doesnt find the digital tuner, just the analog...
    frustrating.

hardcorehire

Portal Pro
    April 1, 2008
    OHIO
    Home Country
    I have a Happauge 2250 installed and work pretty well. I pick up all the analog channels, and I can see all the music digital channels. I can't watch any of the digital channels however and it seems that the music channels are very slow. Anyone have the digital channels with this card working very well. I am running the latest SVN and have time warner cable for midohio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom