Need Help with two problems - EPG and Pausing picture (1 Viewer)

wtdedula

February 22, 2009
Hello All;
I am using Media Portal to record live video from the Silicon Dust HDTV and from a Hauppauge DVR. So far, things seem to be working but I have encountered two problems so far. First, I can't figure out how to get the Electronic Program Guide to work. I have actually signed up to use Schedules Direct but I cannot find anywhere in the configuration to enter this information about the EPG I'm using. Can anyone help me in configuring this ?

Secondly, when I watch some of the HDTV programs, the picture seems to pause at times. Is there anything I can do to prevent this, or to minimize this even more ?

Thanks.

Tim

wtdedula

February 22, 2009
Thanks, etheesdad. I'll check out your links.

I want to add that I am receiving the HDTV signal from an antenna, not cable. The reason I bring this up is because some of my other channels don't exhibit the same problem. Tomorrow, I'm going to go out and buy a outdoor HDTV antenna to see if this solves the studdering problem. Currently, I'm only using a indoor set-top antenna. I don't think any of my stations are more than 20 miles away and some are quite a bit closer so I'm a bit surprised I can't receive them all perfectly.

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom