Need short help: Web Server (1 Viewer)

Fab55

Portal Pro
November 29, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

I'm searching since hours here in the forum for a plugIn/Package which has the following features:

I want to connect from the Web (from everywhere) on my TV-Server, see the EPG, see my recordings, see my schedules and also schedule new recordings. It would also be nice to be able to delete some recordings from the web.

I found a few projects, but I'm not sure, which one would fit my requirements the best and (most important) which one is still compatible to the current MP (RC5).

All my software is running on Vista Ultimate 32 btw.

Do you have a good hint which plugin I should try?

Thanx in advance!!
Fab55

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

There are several concurrent projects as you have seen, some specific to mobile devices, some designed/focused on live TV, some focused on access to existing movies..

If you purely want a solution that is geared towards remote EPG, scheduling, recording, etc then have a look at For the Record (4TR).

This is a very developed and thorough solution (some may argue too large/complex for their simple needs) - but it will allow remote access via webpage, msn messenger, etc.

Hope this helps,

J.

Fab55

Portal Pro
    November 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

thanx for your hint.
    I know 4therecord already. The web functionality is exactly what I'm searching for.

But: I don't want to replace the MP TVService. FTR offers also interesting TVServer, but some feature are not working (e.g. Teletext).

So what other plugin is working with RC5 and gives me access to my Scheduler from the internet? Is MPWebServices what I'm looking for??

Thank you!

Fab55

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom