Need some help..! (1 Viewer)

DanneG5

Portal Member
March 4, 2007
I'm very new at MediaPortal, however I'm discovering some quite annoying problems with it. The whole idea of actually having a media center is awesome, but why isn't there any support for multiple screens? I have 4 screens in my room, now I've managed to only use 2, 17" TFT (this one) and 26" Widescreen TV.

Now, the whole idea for me was to mount MediaPortal on my TV, accessing it with my cellphone through Bluetooth. Now, playing music and such things works, but attempting to play a movie sends the movie to Screen #1 (not TV).

What's the idea of a media center when you can't use it on a TV? :(

And, I LOVE the idea of this 'My TV Series', great... but why the difficaulties with TVSeries.xml? Someone should write a automized thing so you can use this awesome plugin with any type of skin you like.

I am currently running "mpsp"-skin, really nice looking with RED style.
However, the real question is:

Can someone alter the TVSeries.xml so it will work with mpsp?

Thank you!!

Best regards,
DanneG5

NickName

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 23, 2006
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Hi DanneG5,

Mediaportal uses DirectX so it can look great however the limitation with DirectX is that only your Primary Screen can run Directx.
    FYI. Your Primary Screen is the one with the Windows Start button on it.

There are various topics in the forums about this. There are a few people who have mucked about with automating the process of switching your primary screen on an 'as needed' basis.
    This means you could (for example) play a DirectX game on a monitor, quit out of it and then start Mediaportal which then is then displayed on your TV (as the primary screen was switched automagically).
    I have not done any of the above so if I am wrong, please forgive me.

If you wanted to display Mediaportal on multiple screens simultaneously, you'd need to split the video signal from ONE connection on the back of the PC. That way the PC should treat all the screens as primary.

If anybody else knows better, please feel free to correct me.

Regards,

Nick Name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom