Need this cable: Composite Video (yellow) RCA <--> VG (1 Viewer)


New Member
October 13, 2004
I have an old set-top tuner box that 3 RCA outputs - Yellow, White and Red.

Yellow for component video.
White and Red for audio. (I have speakers for this.)

I have a spare SVGA monitor.

Is there such a cable that has Yellow (RCA component video) on one side
and VGA on the other side?

So that I can connect the Yellow component video to a SVGA monitor.


Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    There's not really any economical way to do this. There are all sorts of adaptors, but they are all pretty expensive as there is a lot of circuitry involved to do this.

    It would probably be better to simply buy a new TV, sorry...

    Users who are viewing this thread

    Top Bottom